Thursday, October 10, 2019

{ Blogtober 2019 - Day 10 - Fall Look Back through the blog }



October 10, 2019 -Fall Look Back through the blog

Hi everyone :)

It is October 10th, so we are well on our way to being halfway through this month.  Insane!!

I do have to say that I'm excited for Thanksgiving, it is always something to look forward to.  All the family gathered together, the yummy food and then of course the preparations for Christmas.  It's a little strange thinking that we are already coming up to the end of the year.

But let's not get stuck on that and rather focus on the season we are in at the moment.

I wasn't sure what to post today, because I didn't have time to take any photos or do anything fun or interesting enough to share.  It was a busy day of driving back and forth and schooling with the boy.

I wasn't about to let a day slide though since I've been doing so well with the daily posting, so, I decided that I would take a look through previous years, going back all the way to the first year I started this blog, in 2006.

It might be fun to take a quick peek back and see how I've celebrated Fall through the years.  I'm going to show you a photo from the post along with a few lines of the beginning text, but I'm linking the actual blog entry for you all so if you're interested you can go back and take a look.


https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/4593/765/1600/DSCF1795.jpg



Let me tell you right now, if you don't like pumpkins, I suggest you move along because I'm surrounded by them, literally.

Yesterday we finally made it to the Pumpkin Patch, remember we had wanted to a while ago but they were closed and then hubby was gone for a while, so we figured we better get on out there with Halloween being only 2 days away.


[DSCF1794.JPG]



 I know you're probably laughing, I tend to change my template a lot around here, I think having the advantage of knowing how to do it tends to make me mess with it whenever the mood strikes me.

I do like this one for Fall, the colors, the changing leaves, the pumpkins, just makes me want to grab the family and head for the nearest Pumpkin patch. I remember when we went last year, still back in Idaho, what a blast we had.


[100_3124.JPG]


Right Now, I am:

feeling... tired but content with a spotless house

enjoying... the sound of birds chirping outside and no other sound to distract me

wondering... whether I can wait for my new McLeod's Daughter DVD or just watch it online

listening... to Casting Crowns on the computer


 


 Hi there, come on in and sit with me for a few minutes, I promise I won't take up too much of your time, I am kind of in a hurry because in 15 minutes the Ghost Adventures Live show begins.....7 hours long. Yippee!

But feel free to grab a donut, I just made those and they are DELISH.


 2010_10230003



On my bedside table:
O Pioneers by Willa Cather
2011 Taste of Home Annual Recipes
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Romancing Miss Bronte by Juliet Gael


On board from Netflix:
The Tudors Season 3 - Disc 1
The Tudors Season 3 - Disc 2


2011_10030035


From a stomach virus to busy homeschooling to housework and other stuff, I've had my hands full around here.

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.....


October 21, 2012


Had such a good, quiet Sunday, that I really hope that you all had one too.

My day started with me sleeping in, well, if you can call it that, but then again 7:30am is sleeping in for me.  HA!


_MG_9765



I really do live in one of the most beautiful States in the US.

Idaho is gorgeous!


White Pumpkin


I am loving the mornings around here, just beautiful. We've been having the cooler temps but also quite a bit of rain, I'm just hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow night or we'll have very disappointed kids.


October 30, 2015


Goodness gracious, the rain is just pouring down here in Texas, not just where I am, but pretty much all over the State, and we've even had some tornadoes down in San Antonio, floods in Austin and Dallas.....just a total mess.




Marley



Well ladies, I want you to say hello to the newest member of our household.

This is Marley!!!

After losing Lola almost 3 months ago, my heart has been so sore and so sad.  For the longest time I told my husband and kids, that I didn't think I would ever be able to have another pet.  I was certain of it, I wanted nothing to do with it.


October 12, 2017


Good morning friends.  It's a beautiful Friday morning here in North Texas.

I am on my second of coffee, because I just need it today.  I slept pretty well but woke up feeling so incredibly tired still, I'm pretty certain it's a mixture of being sick with a cold, allergies and being a woman (you know what I mean *wink*).  My husband tells me I got triple damage this week LOL




_MG_3513




The leaves have yet to turn color.  I spend a lot of time looking out the window, from all areas of the house, just trying to catch that first glimpse that makes the bold statement that Fall is definitely here.



2 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

What a fun look back through the years. The kids were so small in some of those pictures and it reminded me just how long we've been blogging :D

John kim said...

How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.