Friday, October 04, 2019

{ Blogtober 2019 - Day 4 - Favorite Fall Recipe }



October 10, 2019 - Favorite Fall Recipe


As the temperatures cool down and we head into Fall, I immediately turn to spices and brown colors and anything ginger and pumpkin. I will say that I am not as obsessed with pumpkin as I used to be, but I still quite enjoy a few goodies that I think are best suited for the cooler temperatures.

One of my favorite fall recipes, is that of Gingerbread, especially the Laura Ingalls Wilder recipe.  If you're a Little House on the Prairie fan than you know exactly what I'm referring to.

It smells amazing as it is baking!


Gingerbread

Laura Ingalls Wilder's Gingerbread

Mix together:
1 C. brown sugar
½ C. shortening
1 C. molasses

Add:
2 t. baking soda that has been dissolved in
1 C. boiling water

Sift together then add:
3 C. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1 t. cloves
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. allspice
½ t. salt

Add last:
2 eggs, well beaten

Bake at 350 in a greased 9 x 13″ pan until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Gingerbread

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh that sounds delicious. Love gingerbread.

John kim said...

How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.