Friday, February 17, 2023

{ Blog 365 #48 - Reminiscing about Arizona's Ren Fair }

 
 
 Nick and I were having a conversation the other day, about how much we would love to go back to visit Arizona. 

When we first moved to Arizona, I hated it.  HATED IT!!!  

I did not like the excessive 120 degree summer temps, I didn't like how everything was brown and rocky, I just didn't like it at all.  But as we grew accustomed to Arizona life, God started to work on my heart and taught me to appreciate what I had, and where we were stationed for those 7 years.

Within a year, I had grown to love our home, love our life and love the beautiful state of Arizona.  We have so many fond memories, beautiful places we visited, amazing food restaurants, and everything about life in that *dry heat*  Hahahah

But, one of the things we most miss about being there, is no doubt, the Arizona Renaissance Festival, that happened every February.  We would drive an hour out and spend the day.  We went for every single year we lived there, except for the last year, I don't remember why but we didn't go.  I could kick myself for it now, we should have gone, but oh well.

Anyway, I went looking for the photos and posts, and I did do a post from the very first year we went, back in 2008.  You can find that post here, and go read if you're interested.
 

 My kids were little y'all.....just look at those babies.  ♥


I don't even know how to describe how much we loved the Ren Fair.  I have gone to a few others over the years, but to me, this has to be one of the best in the country.


Anyway, you can read all about our first time at the fair, in this post.  So wish we could go back, matter of fact, we've already say that if we ever go back for a visit, we are going in February so that we can catch the fair again.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I've only been to the one here in Texas and just once. I have to admit, not knowing what to expect, it was a little surprising :)