Wednesday, February 22, 2023

{ Blog 365 #53 - A day in the life }

IMG_4718

 
It's been a while, since I've done a day in the life.  It is one of my favorite kind of posts, just to sit down and follow someone's day. I think as homemakers we tend to have a pretty monotonous day, in and of itself.  
 
There are chores that are not only mundane but repeated over, and over, and over again.  It's not a glamorous life in any way, but it is an important and joyful one nonetheless. 
 
IMG_4723
IMG_4724


My days start pretty much the same way.  Early morning, coffee for the hubby and I, food for the furry babies, then back in bed with my coffee and my phone, while I check on Instagram or the latest news on Twitter. 

Once hubby leaves for work, I get up, open the curtains, the blinds and the windows to let in some fresh air.  I get dressed and ready for the day, make the bed, and then get started.
 
 
IMG_4726

 
The usual chores await me.  Putting away the clean dishes on the rack, and washing any that have made their way into the sink.  Usually breakfast dishes, or any that the kids have used throughout the night.

It's a chore that I used to really dislike, but I love looking out the window, across our property, seeing the morning come to life.  There are usually birds, barn cats, deer, all sorts of animals on our front yard.   

As I wash, rinse and fall into that rhythmic pattern, I talk to God, think about my day ahead and plan out what needs doing next.  
 
Today I had some bread to bake, and also wanted to give the kitchen counters and appliances a good cleaning, so that is what I got busy with.
 

IMG_4728

IMG_4729

 
As always, there is a load of laundry to throw in.  I also gave my laundry area a good tidy up, as it seems to become a catch all as people walk by.  Normal life things, right?  

No matter how much we clean or try to keep our homes tidy, there are just things that are part of family life, and everyone deals with it.  It doesn't make you any less of a homemaker if you have a counter with some clutter, random objects on a dining table, or mail on the kitchen island.  It just is what it is.

IMG_4730

IMG_4732


After the kitchen duties were done, I had some leftover instant pot lasagna, for lunch, and read some more of my book.  

As I did that, the babies slept next to me.  As busy as we homemakers get, it's so important to take some time to relax and do the things that we love as well.  I learned very early on in my marriage, that I needed to add me time to my schedule, and not just pressure myself to focus only on the home tasks at hand.

Everything is important.  Everything has a purpose, and if we don't take time to slow down and take a few minutes to recharge, we won't be any good to anyone else.

IMG_4733

IMG_4734

IMG_4737


After about an hour, I headed back to the kitchen, this time to toss more laundry back and forth, and to get dinner started.

With the prices of food so expensive lately, I am trying to do a meatless meal at least once a week.  Today I chose to make a chickpea and potato curry.  I will tell you, I wasn't quite sure how my family would react, but it was a huge hit, comforting, warm, and so good.  It is definitely going on the food blog tomorrow, and added to my meal rotation.

IMG_4742

IMG_4744


While I made dinner, I also got the French Bread rising, and then baked.  It will go in the freezer as soon as it's cooled down, and as I've mentioned before, it will be used for sub sandwiches or french bread pizza.  I am actually going to make another batch tomorrow, because it's so easy, and it's delicious too, plus it makes life easier to have these in the freezer.  

It does take some planning, and a little effort to get it done, but I use my bread machine for the dough, and then it's just a matter of shaping, rising and baking.  It's well worth the effort.

IMG_4748

 
After dinner I did the usual picking up, dishes, and doing a quick run through the house, tidying things here and there, before heading to my bedroom for the rest of the night.

Before I end this post though, I wanted to show you these 4 nail polishes above.  Jasmine got them for me at Target.  If you know the brand Essie, you know that these are usually around $10 each, which is ridiculously expensive, so it's not a nail polish brand I ever buy.

But, they are on sale from Valentine's day, for 99 cents.  No kidding!!!  99 cents.  If you have a Target near you, you might want to check if they still have their sale on Valentine's Day items, and check if the Essie polishes are still on sale.

And that my friends, is it.  It wasn't a super exciting day in the life, but for me, it was perfect.  As I got in the shower, I thanked God for today, for a perfect homemaking day.

Our lives don't need to be glamorous, we just need to have joy in our hearts, and love what we do.  That's all matters!

With that, I'm going to close this post off, and quickly go put my bread in the freezer, grab my laundry to fold and put the last load of jeans and pants in the dryer.

Have a wonderful, peaceful blessed night, sweet friends.

4 comments:

@irina_sweet_home said...

we are in Cheesefare Week, before Great Lent, and we fasting from meat.We eat fish :).

Jean said...

I always love your day in the life posts and photos, so inspiring. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

@irina_sweet_home said...

thank you!🤗

Mandy said...

What a great score on the nail polish! And you are right…finding some time for yourself during the day is so important. I’ve been doing this for the past week and it has brought me so much joy!