Monday, February 27, 2023

{ Blog 365 #58 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/27/2023 }


 
Good morning dear friends, hope you're having a good Monday morning.
 
I am super late getting this post up.  I've been trying to work on it all morning, but we are currently without power, and looking at another 2 hours before it's back up.  We had some very strong storms come in last night, so I'm thinking something broke somewhere in town.  
 
My wonderful husband just reminded me through text message, to do a hotspot from my phone to the computer, and use the data to go ahead and post the Happy Homemaker Monday.  Life saver, because I was completely forgetting that I can do that.  Doh!!!
Anyway, let's get this up real quick and hopefully, I will have power back soon so that I can get my baking going.  
Hope you all have a blessed week.  And whatever happens around us, remember to stay focused on the Lord.  Eyes above, above all else!!!
 




The Weather:::
We seem to be done with the super cold weather, but that means we are heading quickly into spring, and with it, tornado season.  Last night was crazy.  We had winds of 70mph, and tornadoes all around.  Thankful we were kept safe.  This week looks like the perfect week for starting seeds, and hanging laundry out to dry.
 
Monday - Sunny, 74
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 80
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 67
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 68
Friday - Sunny, 57
Saturday - Sunny, 62
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 70


As I look outside my window:::

Gorgeous blue sky, not a cloud in sight.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing loudly and there is just a tiny breeze left from the crazy winds last night. 


Right now I am:::
Trying to get this post up as fast as I can.   


Thinking and pondering:::
About what I want to do this week.  I want to spend as much time outdoors as possible, cleaning up the yard from winter, getting it ready for spring and summer, and getting the chicken area ready as well. 


On my bedside table:::
My Kindle, TV remote, water bottle and phone.


On my tv today:::
I finished Home fires which I loved.  I am now getting through the last season of All Creatures Great and Small. 
At night, we watch Star Trek Picard, on Thursdays when the new episode comes out.  Hubby watches Battlestar Galactica the other nights, and I sleep through it because I don't enjoy it.  hahahah


Listening to:::
The birds chirping outside, and Elliott purring next to me.    


On the lunch plate:::
Not really sure yet.  
 

On the dinner plate:::
For dinner tonight, I am making Deep Dish Sausage Pizza.  
 
Deep Dish Sausage Pizza   
 

On the menu for this week:::
Have to work on the new meal plan, this week.  I have meals until Friday, and then as usual, I'll go shopping Friday morning, and the new menu will kick in.
 
Monday - Deep Dish Sausage Pizza, Salad
Tuesday - Instant Pot Beijing Beef, Rice, Egg Rolls
Wednesday - Cheeseburger Sliders, Homemade Fries
Thursday - Bacon Spaghetti, Garlic Bread
Friday - *Grocery Shopping*
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 
On my reading pile:::
Longbourn by Jo Baker.
Bible 
A prairie Girl's Faith by Stephen W. Hines


On my to do list:::
Kitchen - wash breakfast dishes, put away clean dishes in rack.  Sweep and mop. 
Dining room - Vacuum 
Laundry - wash and hang out to dry, to make use of the beautiful weather today
Baking - Vanilla Cake, French Bread Subs, Sandwich Bread


Plans for this week:::
Blogging, updating food blog.
Clean back porch and yard.
Start seeds.
Clean the house, laundry, etc.


What I am creating:::
I plan on actually starting my embroidery project this week.  I can't wait.   


My simple pleasure:::
Messing around with my plants.  I used to kill every plant I had, and then a few years back, while we were still stationed in Arizona, I started researching and really working hard at understanding the plants I had.  Since then I've been able to grow veggies and keep my inside plants alive, thriving and even propagated some.  Brings me so much joy.   


Looking around the house:::
It is really quiet.  Jasmine is off this week because it's her last week at Target.  She is starting a new job on the 6th of March, which she is very excited for.  It is not retail anymore, it is a great 9 to 5, steady work and steady pay job at one of the top healthcare companies in the States.  We are so excited for her.   


From the camera:::
Old vintage books.  I have a growing collection that is very special to me. 
 
IMG_4778
 
 
Bible verse, Devotional:::
From my devotional this morning:
 
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.   Colossians 4:6, ESV


14 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I saw that you guys were on the edge of that Derecho storm hitting the south and wondered how it would affect you, glad it was just a temporary power loss. I LOVE that bible verse for today! Your weather sounds absolutely amazing - we're still dealing with winter and snow up here and I'm really hoping we're at the end of it. Have a wonderful week and enjoy the outdoors!

Jean said...

Glad you stayed safe during the storm, hope your power returns very soon. Oh, I'm intrigued by your vintage book as I see it's by the author of The Secret Garden. Congratulations to Jasmine on her new job! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm busy prepping breakfast for this week and the freezer. Have a great week.

Mandy said...

I’m so glad y’all were kept safe from the storms. We may have some later this week and I’m not looking forward to it! Hope the power is restored soon!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Glad the weather passed. I am enjoying the Spring weather early here in Louisiana. And I am exploring all the garden and seed catalogs looking foe new plants to grow.

Jackie See said...

Thank you so much for hosting! I get so much useful information from this party. I am retired and I miss these conversations with co-workers talking about their every day life. I will be around to visit!

Carol said...

Thankful that you were not directly affected by the storms other than power loss. I am attempting to hurry as well as we are in the path of storms today and we are having very strong winds that may take the power out.

Schotzy said...

Always fun to share with you on this Monday post. It helps me prepare for my week! Wow, this winds were brutal. I do hope winter is over, but we keep hearing that winter is yet to come to us!!!

A Runners Mom & More said...

We have the High Winds going on with off & on rain, hope power is restored soon.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Friend! I love the time here and glad you survived the storm ok!! Jealous of your temps and sunshine. ;) Your menu always sounds good and that pizza literally has me drooling at the screen. I would love for you to share your knowledge of propagating plants you already have? Maybe you could do a post on it? I'm trying to do that with no luck. Also, trying to learn what's not toxic to cats for when my Matt's Bubba cat moves in here. Have a wonderful week. xoxo

Mellie said...

Glad your severe weather has passed! God is so good!! We had three tornadoes touch down this morning but were spared any damage. Not looking forward to actual tornado season. Have a blessed week!

savannah said...

I share your love of vintage books.
Really I love all vintage things .
Gardening is a wonderful hobby.
You get exercise,fresh air,food and flowers.
But the cost of gardening now is insane.
A recent trip to a local nursery put me in shock. Propagation from cuttings and seed is the way to save big money.
I enjoy your blog,it's always positive and uplifting.

Carol said...

Good luck to Jasmine in her new position!

Luludou said...

Congrats to Jasmine for her new job. Hope you were not long without electricity. Tornado season? ouch