Monday, February 20, 2023

{ Blog 365 #51 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/20/2023 }


 
Good morning and a very Happy Monday to you all!!!
 
It's hard to imagine that we are already coming to a close, on this month of February.  
 
I apologize for being a big distant from the blogging and online in general.  I didn't want to say anything, for security reasons, of course, but Curt was away all of last week for training at a different base, in a different State.  It was just the kids and I.
 
It made it a bit difficult to blog my daily life, because I didn't want to give it away.  When we lived on a military base, I didn't have an issue talking about it, because I felt very safe alone with the children.  Living off base is different.
 
Anyway, that is why my posts were a bit all over the place.  But, he is back home and we are back to regular posting.
 
Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend, and I wish you all a very blessed week ahead.
 




The Weather:::
Been a bit crazy.  We had some very high winds last week, actually have winds this morning too, but last week they were 50mph, and to say my poor gazebo got slammed around, would be an understatement.  Anyway, we are heading into a week with some pretty warm weather, but lots of rain too.  My kind of weather. 

 
Monday - Partly cloudy and windy, 78
Tuesday - AM clouds, 84
Wednesday - AM thunderstorms, 74
Thursday - Sunny, 61
Friday - Cloudy, 44
Saturday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 54
Sunday - Scattered Thunderstorms,71


As I look outside my window:::

It's cloudy.  I can see my front yard and the field across.  I can also see my neighbors Alpacas from here.  The wind is quite strong, so the trees are shaking back and forth. 


Right now I am:::
Working on this post, and eating my breakfast.  


Thinking and pondering:::
About my blog posts this week.  I don't want to do mindless, quick posts like I did last week.  I want to get some day in the life posts, and other more *meaty* posts, if that makes sense.


On my bedside table:::
My Kindle, TV remote, water bottle.


On my tv today:::
Not yet sure, I am enjoying Home Fires, and have a few others lined up on PBS Masterpiece.  Will see what strikes my fancy.  
 
Hubby and I did watch the first episode of the new Season of Star Trek Picard.  Loved it.


Listening to:::
The wind through my fireplace.  It always sounds so ominous.  Also can hear some cars in the distance.  But other than that, it is very quiet in here.  


On the lunch plate:::
I will either make a frozen pizza for us (hubby is off as it's President's Day), or I may make an Oven Sandwich.  
 

 

On the dinner plate:::
Tonight I am making a yummy Chicken Pot Pie, with a side of sauteed greens and bacon.   
 

On the menu for this week:::
 
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie, Sauteed Greens and Bacon
Tuesday - Instant Pot Lasagna, Salad
Wednesday - Chickpea and Potato Curry, Rice
Thursday - Sausage Rice, Sauteed Cabbage
Friday - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Saturday - Deep Dish Sausage Pizza
Sunday - Instant Pot Beijing Beef, Rice, Egg Rolls
 
 
On my reading pile:::
Longbourn by Jo Baker.
Bible


On my to do list:::
Kitchen - put away clean dishes, sweep and mop floor, wipe down counters
Dining room - Vacuum 
Living room - Vacuum


Plans for this week:::
Blogging, taking photographs and editing them for upcoming blogs.
Cooking and taking photos to update food blog.
Clean the house, laundry, etc.


What I am creating:::
I have a beautiful embroidery set that my sister in law gave me for Christmas.  I am planning on starting it this week.  


My simple pleasure:::
Embroidering, and it's something I haven't done in many years.  


Looking around the house:::
It is really quiet.  Everyone is home today, and still sleeping.  It's just me and Kaia up at the moment.  I do need to give the house a clean and tidy, just set things in order, then I can relax the rest of the day. 


From the camera:::
One thing I have always done, is to rotate my kitchen appliances.  We all have that one kitchen cabinet that houses all our fancy, or cute appliances, that tend to get forgotten.  I love to rotate them out, so that I can use them and not just have them sitting there collecting dust.
 
Last week, while Curt was away, I gave my kitchen cabinets a huge organize and clean, and pulled out my Breakfast sandwich maker.  We've been enjoying it ever since. 
 

 
 
Bible verse, Devotional:::
What is your favorite Bible verse?
 
I want you to think on it today, reflect on it, and hold it close to your heart.  We tend to forget about these things as we go about our busy lives.  
 
Mine is 1 Peter 5:7  "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 
 


7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Even as long as hubby has been retired I post in "arrears" many times for the same types of reasons! Especially if we're traveling - don't want people to know the house is empty. It's just bred into us during deployments.

I do the same kind of "round robin" deep clean on my furniture so I can do baseboards and clean walls too.

Have a great family day with everyone home!

Schotzy said...

It seems everyone is having crazy weather.. After reading your post I seem to have left out anything abut cleaning. I do clean, but not nearly as much as as I did. My wonderful husband picks up the slack each week. Praise God. Hopefully, I will be bak to normal soon!!! But I do enjoy the inspiration I gain from joining you each week!!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra! Don't blow away! Lol Your menu sounds wonderful. I think the breakfast sandwich maker is SO cool! 😎 Have a blessed week ahead. xo

Jean said...

Glad your husband is safely back at home. Always a good idea not to give too much away online. That's a great idea about rotating the kitchen appliances. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sherry Jolly said...

My personal scripture is Romans 8:37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us". Glad you have your hubby back. I'd love the recipe for the Instant Pot Beijing Beef ! Have a great week.

Luludou said...

Glad to see your husband is back home and safe. Have a great week

Jackie See said...

Thank you for hosting this fun party! Thank you and your husband for your devotion to our freedom! I am retired and married to a Veteran. Our flag flies high 24/7. Also, thank you for the ideas I have gathered from everyone today. I am going to try several new things this week! Have a great week! ~jackiesee~