Monday, February 13, 2023

{ Blog 365 #44 - Happy Homemaker Monday 02/13/2023 }

 

 
Good morning everyone, hope you've had a wonderful weekend.  
 
It is Monday morning, a beginning to a new week, so let's make this a good one.  I won't even go into what is happening in our country or the world in general, because more and more, I feel like I am part of the History books that I so love to read.  It's insane!!!
 
Anyway, with all that going on, I think it's more imperative than ever, that we focus on our families, and our homes.  We can't change anything else going on, but we do have a voice and a big role in providing a safe and happy home for our families.  
 
So, go with that in mind today.  Be aware of what is happening, but don't let that sink into your soul.  Be the light others need to see and cling to right now.
 
Have a blessed week dear friends.
Sandra
xoxoxo




The Weather:::
Currently 38 degrees.  We are heading into Spring weather, and I'm here for it.  Looks like some 70's in the upcoming week.  Yay!!!  
 
Monday - Partly cloudy, 65
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 71
Wednesday - Sunny, 72
Thursday - Sunny/wind, 46
Friday - Sunny, 52
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 59
Sunday - Mostly cloudy, 70


As I look outside my window:::

The grackles are back on my property.  The trees are covered, and they're so loud at times. 


Right now I am:::
Working on this post, and watching Home Fires on the TV.  


Thinking and pondering:::
My mind is shifting into Spring mode.  I have all these plans for the garden, the chicken coop, parts of the yard we want to lay down rocks in, so forth.  I am beyond excited for this time of year.  


On my bedside table:::
My Kindle, TV remote, water bottle, Kaia's toy. 


On my tv today:::
Last week I watched Sisi, which I LOVED.  By the way, after watching in on my Firestick, I now noticed that the first Season is available to watch on PBS.  So if you are looking for a good period piece, this is a good one to watch. 


Listening to:::
The episode on the TV, but in the background is the sound of the turtle tank's filter, and through the open window, the grackles on the trees.  


On the lunch plate:::
I made Gnocchi Bolognese for dinner, and we have leftovers, so that's what I'll be eating for lunch.  


On the dinner plate:::
The kids asked for Potato Salad, so I think I'll do some bratwurst as well.  It's just the kids and I for the next 3 days, as Curt is in training and won't be home for dinner. 
 

On the menu for this week:::
 
Monday - Bratwurst, Potato Salad
Tuesday - Macaroni and Cheese, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches
Wednesday - Tuna Salad
Thursday - Baked Spasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Friday - *grocery shopping, new meal plan kicks in*
Saturday
Sunday
 
 
On my reading pile:::
A Feather on the Water by Lindsay Jane Ashford, on my Kindle
Bible


On my to do list:::
Kitchen - put away clean dishes, sweep and mop floor, wipe down counters, clean stainless steel appliances
Dining room - Vacuum and dust
Living room - Vacuum, dust, tidy couch pillows
Make french bread for pizza and subs
Start new meal plan
Bible Study


Plans for this week:::
Clean the house, laundry, read and watch some more wonderful period dramas 


What I am creating:::
Nothing at the moment


My simple pleasure:::
Sitting in my back yard, just listening to nature and enjoying the fresh air.  


Looking around the house:::
I have yet to open the curtains to the dining and living rooms, but it's such a beautiful morning, and the light from outside is illuminating the rooms, and casting the most magical of shadows on the walls.  Have you ever just sat and looked at early morning light?


From the camera:::
I love this picture from last week.  Rain and candle light.  ♥ 
 

 
 
Bible verse, Devotional:::
As a child I learned my Bible lessons by heart, in the good old-fashioned way, and once won the prize for repeating correctly ... verses from the Bible.  - LAURA INGALLS WILDER  


9 comments:

Luludou said...

That picture is so relaxing! The title of the book is intriguing. Have a great week

Monique G. said...

I'm with you and am in Spring mode. I can't wait to plant the garden and flowers. I love the photo of the rain. I can just hear it hitting the roof. I love sunshine, but the sound of rain is so calming and relaxing.

Deanna said...

HOME LIFE IS A HAVEN when we make it that way. There is so much chaos in the world it makes my head hurt. Blessed to be an American HOME MAKER. All the best, d

A Runners Mom & More said...

34 more day till Spring....I'm itching to get started with landscaping and raised bed gardening.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! I love that pic and all the sweet you share here. And I wish I could start thinking Spring! I'll just have to live through you and your gardens, as it will be many weeks before we see that kind of weather here. Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

Sherry Jolly said...

There has been a nest of grackles under the roof of the house next door for the past 2 years. I am used to them now. They mostly fly off to do whatever it is they do - but sometimes they come to my feeder and bully the sparrows! Have a wonderful week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm doing a lot of cleaning up of clutter from our recent flooring and painting jobs. I definitely need to add dust to my to-do list. Have a wonderful week.

Jean said...

Always enjoy reading your Happy Homemaker Monday posts. Grackles always make me think spring is around the corner. Of course, we're supposed to get a bit of snow on Thursday around here. Hope you have a wonderful week. And Happy Valentine's Day!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I wish I could be thinking spring, but it's still getting to low 20's at night and barely past 40 during the day. We also have another winter storm moving in for next week with lows in the teens again BRRR... Can't wait to see what you do in the yard this year. I'm running so late that I'll say have a great weekend!