Thursday, May 04, 2023

{ Blog 365 #124 - Cooking Thursday }

Refrigerator Pickles

Oooooh one of my favorite snacks.

These actually came about because I had bought some Cucumbers on sale, and needed to use them up so they wouldn't go bad.

This is a very easy recipe to make, my kids and hubby love it, my sister in law and niece love it, and I love it too.  Perfect little snack.

Refrigerator Pickles
Refrigerator Pickles
Adapted from: Allrecipes


1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups white sugar
6 cups sliced cucumbers
1 cup sliced onions
Celery Seed to taste

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil. Boil until the sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes.

Place the cucumbers and onions in a large bowl. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables.

Refrigerator Pickles

Transfer to sterile containers and store in the refrigerator.
 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

My mom kept these in the fridge when I was young. Such a great snack!