Monday, May 08, 2023

{ Blog 365 #128 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/08/2023 }

 
 
 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to my little blog.  I hope your weekend was good, mine was although we had pretty strong storms, lost power, the power surge blew Nick's computer.....the joys right?
 
But, we are here, bright and early, and ready to get started with another day.  Today is my first official day home, and for the next few weeks I have nowhere to go.  I plan on taking full advantage of this, and really jumping back into my homemaking.
 
I still haven't done my spring cleaning, so that is definitely on the list.  I need to sit down and write it up, so that I know what I'm doing, when.  

But, for now, let's get right on with our post.  
 
Have a blessed week ♥

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Hot and rainy.  We are in the middle of our Tornado Season, so it's rain practically every day, and high temperatures too.   We are expecting yet more rain this coming week. 
 
Monday -  Mainly sunny, 92
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 89
Wednesday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 80
Thursday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 85
Friday - PM Thunderstorms, 89
Saturday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 75
Sunday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 72



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥ 
At the moment, it is cloudy with a little breeze.  The grass is so green from all the rain we've been getting, it looks pretty.  There are a couple of birds on the trees, chirping quite loudly.     
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting on my bed, and working on this post. 
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
On my spring cleaning list.  I need to write it all down, and separate it by days, so that I know what I'm doing.  At the moment it's all in my brain, which is not a good thing, since I've been so scatter brained lately.    


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm ok.  Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked, but that's the norm for me.      
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I've had a cup of coffee around 5:30am.  Will have another in about an hour or so, and probably a piece of toast with butter and jam.   
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure, there is leftover from dinner, but I am kind of craving either a salad, or a tomato and mayo sandwich.  
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Mexican Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Greens with Bacon and Honey.     
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Black with white polka dots, nightgown.     
 
 
 ♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible.  
On the Kindle.....Wedded to War (Heroines Behind the Lines Book 1) by Jocelyn Green
 

 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Isabel La Reina - Season 1 (you can watch the first season on Dailymotion, here)

 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
 I guess it's time to start working on the new menu, again.  I feel like I just went grocery shopping.  

Monday - Mexican Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Greens with Bacon and Honey
Tuesday - Slow Cooked Chicken Wraps, Mexican Rice
Wednesday -  Honey Mustard Pork Scallopini, Garlic Spaghetti, Salad
Thursday - Sausage Rice, Veggies
Friday - *grocery shopping*
Saturday
Sunday -


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
The house is actually tidy, but I need to do some dusting today, vacuuming and I want to give all the carpets a clean again.    
 
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Make a list for Spring cleaning 
- Make more Snickerdoodle Crumbl Cookies

 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
Books and crochet.....always the best combination.    



 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥ 
" Give us this day our daily bread...." (Matt. 6:11).  I am not independent or self sufficient, but dependent on the goodness of God for my needs.  - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


11 comments:

Stacy said...

Thank you as always for hosting this wonderful party! A few weeks at home sounds absolutely delightful!! The birds on my porch are chirping so loud today too! it makes my heart so happy in the mornings! I love historical fiction, is absolutely my favorite genre, I hope you enjoy your books! I hate the storms messed up the computer, I hope that its something he can fix or replace fairly easy! It's going to be hot today in your neck of the woods! I hope you have a beautiful day! Maybe your post will encourage me to write a spring cleaning post of my own! I need to get some things done before vacation so we can come home to a clean house, if my cats don't destroy it while we are gone! Thanks again for hosting, I'm so happy to be back in the blogging world and back to your linky party, its my favorite!

Elisha said...

Oh yes, books & crochet are always a wonderful combo! Enjoy your time at home.

Daniela said...

I always feel at home here, reading your Mondays post and sharing mine, it's like having a lovely chat with you, Sandra!
Thanking you for hosting,
I'm sending my dearest hug to you
Xx Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Luludou said...

Looks like alot of thunderstorms for you this week. My spring-cleaning list is writtent down too because I tend to forget. I'm doing the main floor in the spring and I do the basement in the Fall... used to do 2 spring cleanings (main & basement) per year! yikes can't do that anymore. Have a good week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Always love Mondays with you here Friend 💗 I need groceries too- even though I feel like I just went! Lol And also working on Spring cleaning projects. My list keeps growing! 😝
Have a blessed week. xo

Joanna Unbehaun said...

We're in for thunderstorms too! So glad to be doing Mondays with all of you lovely ladies!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Busy busy. I don't even want to think about extra cleaning. We had a couple of busy weeks and weekends and lots was accomplished.

Jean said...

I can't even seem to get regular cleaning done lately. Send us some of that rain, we do need it as much as I love these sunny days. Hope you are enjoying your return to routine and having a great week so far!

A Runners Mom & More said...

Routine has been modified daily with stuff going on and being in Cincy for a Race.....Hang tough we'll all get through it!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad you're getting rain, but sorry to hear the heat and tornado season are accompanying it. Oh how I wish I could have 2 weeks at home :SIGH: I hope you have a blessed week full of nothing but homemaking.

Mrs.T said...

Your menu sounds so tempting this week! Thinking of not sleeping well, have you ever tried melatonin? That works very well for me.