Monday, May 22, 2023

{ Blog 365 #142 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/22/2023 }

 
 
 
Good morning friends.  I am so sorry this post is once again late.  It's been a week, a crazy, emotionally charged week, especially this weekend.

It started with the poor starving puppy that walked onto our property.  We managed to save her, feed her, and she has gained some weight.  We also found her a home with my niece Tiffany, and she is so happy with her new home and her 2 new doggie siblings.  It was a stress filled ride, because no one wanted her, we couldn't keep her, and when we tried to take her to humane society, they denied her and stated she needed to instead be turned into the local animal services, which is a kill shelter.  It's just heartbreaking!

Once we got that taken care of, and she was in her new home, thank God for my niece Tiffany and nephew Stephen, our Kaia started throwing up.  We spent two nights up with her.  She is fine now, thank God as well.

And then Friday morning, my poor husband was hit with a migraine attack that lasted all weekend long.  If you have migraines, you know how debilitating they are.  I felt helpless at times, not knowing what to do for him.  He is fine now, but goodness.

He is also celebrating his 50th Birthday today, so I'm glad he is feeling back to normal.

So, it's been just crazy.  I only got a chance this morning, to run out and get him some gifts, hence the lateness in this post.  Please forgive me.  

Let's just get right on it. 
 
I hope you all have a blessed day and blessed week.
 

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We are expecting rain this week.  We've been blessed with quite a lot of rain, thankfully.    
 
Monday -  A mix of clouds, 83
Tuesday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 82
Wednesday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 80
Thursday - AM Showers, 80
Friday - Isolated Thunderstorms, 82
Saturday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 81
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 90



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
Cloudy and rainy.        
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Just sat down on my bed and am trying to get this post up, as quickly as possible.    
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
Just thanking God for seeing me through this past week.  It was hard.  I am not feeling very well, I'm exhausted physically and mentally, but I'm here, and we look to brighter days ahead.  That is what I'm focused on.       


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Just talking back and forth though voice messages, with my niece Tiffany.  

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Blessed and thankful that my husband is ok, Kaia is ok and Gracie is also in a loving home. 
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I've had a cup of coffee and one canolli.  That's all I've managed so far.       
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Philly Cheese steak Calzone    
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Squash       
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Shorts and a tshirt.       
 
 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible.  
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
The moments I have been able to try and relax a bit, I have been watching a Turkish series on the Ottoman Empire.  It is fabulous and I am just obsessed with it.  So well done, brilliant actors, and of course, Historical fiction.  It's called Magnificent Century and is actually available on Youtube.
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Costeletas de Cebolada (Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce), Mashed Potatoes, Roast Zucchini
Tuesday - Spaghetti Pizza Pie, Salad
Wednesday -  Grandma's Pork Chops and Skillet Fries, Steamed Broccoli 
Thursday - Bifanas (Pork Sandwiches), Fries
Friday -
Saturday
Sunday -


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
It's thankfully clean and tidy, because today I just can't even deal  Hahahah        
 
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post

 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
Another week with nothing to share.  I'm sorry friends, I did take a few photos but haven't edited them yet.  Next week I'll have a photo to post.   


 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥ 
No need to wonder what you have to do to get God's acceptance.  Jesus purchased your acceptance on the cross.   - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp -


10 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm so very sorry you had a stressful week! But I'm glad that you found a home for the sweet puppy! I hope you et a lot of rest today and get to feeling like yourself again! Stress takes a huge toll on all of us! I hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday! And I hope this week is far far better than last! Looks like it will be hot! But summer looks to be here! Thanks so much for hosting this party, I love it!

Luludou said...

Good people for the puppy. Happy birthday to your husband and glad he is back to normal. Have a great week and get some rest in there.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Good for the puppy and happy birthday to your husband!

A Runners Mom & More said...

Happy for the puppy....and Kudo's to your neice! Migraines are the worst! I had them as a child...Chocolate triggers mine so you know what that means [insert sad face].

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Birthday to Curt! Geesh! You have had a lot on your plate lately!! I;m so glad things worked out with the puppy. 🙏 And that Kaia is better and things are getting back on track. I hope you have a very nice peaceful week ahead! ;) xo

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Happy Birthday, Curt! I'm so glad you were able to find this pup a home! I hope this week is restful and restorative for you!

savannah said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough week.
I'm thankful there are good decent people
Like you and your niece In the world.
I'm glad your husband and dog are feeling better.
I pray you'll have a better week.

Debbie said...

I hate weeks like that! I'm glad everything is on the mend and you found a loving home for the dog. Happy Birthday to your husband and glad he's feeling better.

Mrs.T said...

What a week for you! Mine was also difficult and stress-filled, but thank the Lord for that Bible in (or on top of) the reading pile, right? Psalms is such a comfort to me in difficult times.

I always enjoy seeing your menus. Very inspiring!

Jean said...

Hope this week has been a bit less stressful for you so far. Glad you found the puppy a home and that Kaia is okay. Hope your husband also started to feel better and had a wonderful birthday! Hope you are getting ready for a wonderful and relaxing weekend!