Monday, May 01, 2023

{ Blog 365 #121 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/01/2023 }

 
 
 
Good morning sweet ladies, I sure hope you've had a good relaxing weekend, and are ready for this week ahead.  
 
I can hardly believe that we are entering May.  This year has gone faster than every other year, for me, which is nuts since I've been talking about how quick time is going by, for a while now.  Oh well, we must just embrace it and move on right?
 
We have just 2 days left of Jasmine's training, and Wednesday I can finally breathe and get back to being home full time, homemaking, getting through some projects around the house, and really getting ready for summer.  I can't wait.
 
Hope you all have a blessed week.  Now, let's jump right in to our post and see what is happening around our homes. 

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
The mornings are still a little chilly.  For example, it is 40 degrees right now.  I guess I shouldn't consider that chilly, but for hot weather, it kind of is.  Seems we are heading into more rainy days, which I've been loving, along with hot temps.  Bring it on.  
 
Monday -  Sunny, 75
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 81
Wednesday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 84
Thursday - AM clouds, 67
Friday - Mostly sunny, 92
Saturday - PM Thunderstorms, 92
Sunday - AM Thunderstorms, 88



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥ 
It's still pretty early, and the sun has not yet come out.  I can see it peeking through some clouds.  The grass is needing to be mowed, yet again.  With all the rain we've been getting (thankfully), it grows faster than usual.   
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Quickly typing up as much of this post as I can, before heading out. I'll finish it when I return.
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
On all the projects I need to do.  There are some that are quite important, such as peeling the bathtub paint in Jasmine's bathroom and redoing it.  When we moved in, it was already peeling, and over the years it has become worse.  I need to scrape it all off, and then repaint it. 

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Good, rested and ready for the week.    
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Just had a cup of coffee, will have some toast or a cheese and ham sandwich, when I get back.  
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
We grilled some steaks for dinner last night, and I made a yummy potato salad.  Will have that for lunch.
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Smoked Sausage and Potatoes, Sauteed Mustard Greens.   
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Black cotton overalls.   
 
 
 ♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
I have decided to start the Bible from the beginning again, but this time, I am writing it out as I read it.  It's amazing how calming and peaceful, I am finding the whole process.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional. 
Francine Rivers  A Lineage of Grace.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Love in Chains (3rd season is on youtube, but it doesn't have subtitles, so I'm struggling to watch, but I love this show so much, and just need to see what is going on)
Homemaking vlogs 
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
 
Monday - Smoked Sausage and Potatoes, Sauteed Mustard Greens
Tuesday - Quick Carbonara, Salad, Garlic Bread
Wednesday -  Chicken Curry, Homemade Garlic Naan
Thursday - Beef and Bacon Gnocchi, Broccoli
Friday - Bratwurst, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Saturday - Leftovers or Sandwich, or pizza
Sunday - Carne de Panela (Portuguese Beef Tips), Mashed Potatoes, Salad


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
Hubby is getting ready for work, Jasmine is getting ready for work as well.  The house is still dark and sleepy, but soon it will be bursting with activity.  
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Make a list of projects around the house
- Water plants inside and outside
- Laundry

 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
Love this time of year, when we start our garden.  


 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥ 
Jesus commands you to take up your cross and follow him, and then he gives you the strength to carry the load. - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


10 comments:

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I'm also big on ham and cheese sandwiches for breakfast. I can't wait to watch your garden grow along with mine this year! Love to you, friend!

Daniela said...

Dearest Sandra,
When I read your Mondays post I'm always feeling in awe, your way to project your week amazes me, you're great, my friend!
Sending my warmest hug to you
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Mrs.T said...

Steak and potato salad sounds like such a yummy springtime meal, and the leftovers would be even better!

Luludou said...

Glad Jasmine's training is almost done. Hope you get back in a routine quickly. Enjoy your week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm so glad that Jasmine is almost done for you to get back to your schedule. And I love seeing your gardening and loveliness there - fills my soul while I patiently wait for it to get warmer here. Lol Your meals for the week are always SO wonderful!! Blessings dear Sandra. xo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I too have read through the entire Bible. It's been awhile. Have a great week.

Schotzy said...

I agree about writing the Bible . I write the Biblical text from which the sermon will be taught in my journal then make my notes on and around it . I used colored pens. I really get so much more out of it!

threesidesofcrazy said...

YAY so glad Jasmine's training is over and you can return to a semi-normal routine! Be careful with that tub painting and ventilate well - that paint can be so toxic! I hope you have a GREAT rest of the week.

Monique G. said...

Homemade potato salad always tastes so much better than the store bought ones. Hope you have a great week!

Pamela said...

Is your potato salad recipe on your food blog?