Monday, May 29, 2023

{ Blog 365 #149 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/29/2023 }

 
 
Good morning friends.  Happy Memorial Day!!!!
 
May we always remember what we celebrate on this special day.  May we always be thankful to the ones who sacrificed all, that we are able to live in a free country.
 
I hope you've had a good long weekend so far, ours has been a good one, full of rest and family time.  We are having a barbecue later this afternoon, my brother and his family and my niece and her family will be over.  I'm just praying the rain holds out, since we've been having so much of it lately.
 
Let's get right on with our Happy Homemaker Monday.  Have a blessed week friends ♥ 
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We are once again expecting some rain, later in the week. 
 
Monday -  Cloudy, stray thunderstorm possible, 86
Tuesday - Sunny, 89
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 89
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 88
Friday - PM Thunderstorms, 87
Saturday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 84
Sunday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 81



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
I am sitting on my bed typing this post, and from my bedroom window, I see dark skies.  There is a little bit of a breeze going, which is making the Indian grass wave back and forth, ever so slightly.          
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Working on this post, then I need to get things ready for the barbecue later.      
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
I've been thinking about my great grandmother Ema, a lot lately.  I don't know why, but I just miss her, miss talking to her, miss listening to her stories and learning from her too.         


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
The sound of the filter in the turtle tank, and the birds outside.    

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm a little tired, as usual.  But I'm feeling well otherwise.   
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I had coffee and some toast.         
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure yet, will see what I feel like later.      
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Barbecue.....ribs, chicken legs, burgers, potato salad, Hawaiian macaroni salad.         
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Still in my nightgown.        
 
 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible.  
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
I finished Magnificent Century and I can't even say I loved it, because that doesn't describe how much I loved this show.  It is my top favorite series, EVER.  I actually started re watching some of it again, which is something I never do.  
I have the sequel to watch, which is The Magnificent Century: Kosem. 
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Barbecue.....ribs, chicken legs, burgers, potato salad, Hawaiian macaroni salad
Tuesday - Fettucine Alfredo, Garlic Bread, Salad
Wednesday -  Baked Meatballs, Rice, Garlic Bacon Squash 
Thursday - Chicken Lasagna, Steamed Broccoli
Friday - Hot Italian Sandwiches, Macaroni and Cheese
Saturday - Orange Chicken, Rice
Sunday - Asian Beef and Noodles


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
I need to once again carpet clean, this rain makes everything muddy outside, so anytime Kaia goes out to potty there are muddy prints to clean.          
 
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Laundry 
- Carpet clean
- Marinate meats for barbecue
- Make Baked Beans
 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
Spending time with the Lord.     



 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
In Sunday school yesterday, we talked about a critical spirit, and more specifically the story of Moses, Miriam and Aaron.  
 
We often tend to think that we are not critical or don't judge, but the truth is that we all have our moments, where we allow that critical spirit to rear it's ugly head.  The good news is that we can repent, and ask the Lord to forgive us, which He always does.  
 
Do you have a critical spirit?  Have you ever said something to someone or about someone, without even thinking?  When we criticize others, we are actually being disrespectful and disobedient to God.  This lesson sure made me reflect and think, I hope it does the same for you.

We live in a society that thrives on being disrespectful, and constantly judging and criticizing others, so it's easy to get caught up in that mentality and go along.  But we are called to stand out as Christians, to set apart from others, and that means not engaging in these games that the enemy loves to play. 


10 comments:

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I didn't know you had turtles! That's pretty darn cool. Also, your floral dresses are dress goals for me!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Enjoy your bbq today! I'm home alone, cleaning with no party to go to, and hubby is working 16 hours (no days off since a week now). I'm just gonna focus on getting stuff done so I can enjoy our time when he does get a day off. Have a great week ahead.

Daniela said...

Thanks most sincerely for hosting, Sandra dear, and for sharing your devotional thoughts which made me think about the world today. You're right, it's easy to find disrespectful people, among young people and even among the elderly, and it's something that makes me feel so so sad!
This very morning I entered a medical office and sayd "Good morning" as soon as I arrived to everyone who was already there: nobody answered me, and it's not the first time I've noticed such a thing, alas!
Have a lovely new week, sweet friend
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Daniela said...

*said, please forgive my mistake, I did not read the comment before than sending it!
Dany

Jean said...

Enjoyed reading your post today. The menu sounds terrific, hope the rain holds off for you to have your cookout. Have a wonderful week!

Stacy said...

I am going to have to checkout that show, maybe it can be my next show that will motivate me to workout haha! I loved your devotion and its very convicting. I'm unfortunately guilty of having a critical spirit at times. Something I can work on! I hope your bbq is wonderful! Have a great week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dearest! I hope your barbecue is a lot of fun! That show sounds really good. I love your devotional thoughts and definitely good reflection time. I hope you have a very blessed week ahead. ;) xoxo

Luludou said...

Enjoy your family bbq! Have a great week

Mrs.T said...

Your quote about criticism reminded me of something I read long ago: Do I spend more time talking about needs in the lives of others than I do in fervent, intercessory prayer on their behalf? That has been a reality check for me more than once.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so sorry to be running so late! I'm glad you spent Memorial Day with family - so important. I hope your thunder storms are staying mild and at bay so that you're not blistering. Have a great rest of the week my friend.