Friday, June 02, 2023

{ Blog 365 #153 - International Period Dramas List }


 
I already have a list of period drama series, movies, documentaries and books, that you can easily access, here on the blog. 

As I mentioned recently, over the past few weeks, I have really gotten into the International period dramas, and have been in absolute historic fiction heaven.  It took me a little to get used to the English subtitles, as it confused me a bit at first.  I spent more time reading than seeing what was happening on screen, but I've mastered it now and nothing can hold me back.

Over the last week, I have watched what now has become my favorite of all time, period series.  Magnificent Century.

I have watched it twice, and even started it again yesterday.  It's THAT brilliant, and I find that each time I watch an episode again, I see or learn something new.


I do plan on adding these to the lists above, but I felt that International Period Dramas, needed a page of their own as well.

So, with that in mind, this will officially become that place, and I'll list below, by country, the different series and where you can watch them, with English subtitles.
 
I'll continue to update this list, as I watch and find more.
 
 

TURKEY
Kurt Seyit and Sura (Amazon Prime) (WLEXT)
The Magnificent Century (Youtube)
The Magnificent Century: Kosem  (Youtube)
Resurrection Dirilis Ertugrul (First season with English subtitles on Dailymotion) (Other season with English subtitles on Youtube)
Kurulus Osman (WLEXT)


SPAIN
The Queen and the Conqueror (Netflix)
Isabel (WLEXT)

2 comments:

@irina_sweet_home said...

I saw it too, in our country it was on TV a few years ago

Lcrrkhs said...

Thank you! I love this kind of stuff! And also your recipes - they give me ideas!