Monday, June 05, 2023

{ Blog 365 #156 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/05/2023 }

 
 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to the blog.
 
I hope you've had a blessed weekend, and I wish you a blessed week ahead as well.
 
I have a busy week, Jasmine is getting ready to move out this coming weekend, so lots going on around here.  My mama heart is proud of her, and at the same time, sad.  I'm sure all of you who have gone through this as you children grow up, will understand exactly how I am feeling.
 
Anyway, please keep my girl in your prayers, as she starts a new chapter in her life.
 
Now, let's get right on with our post. 

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
 
Monday -  Sun and clouds, 87
Tuesday - Mostly Sunny, 89
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 88
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 91
Friday - Mostly sunny, 93
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 93
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 93



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
It has been raining all night, just stopped not too long ago.  The grass is soaked, the fences are soaked and the leaves on the trees are filled with raindrops, making them shiny as the sun reflects off them. 
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Writing up this post, also starting to plan the next menu and grocery list.        
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
I just recently started attending our churches Sunday school, and am really enjoying it.  I feel like I get so much more out of it at times, than the actual sermon.          


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Nothing at the moment, but the clicking of the keyboard keys.      

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Physically well, emotionally a little sad with this big change that is coming our way.     
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Coffee and a ham and cheese toast.          
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Have leftovers from last night's dinner, so will have that.      
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Ground beef with chayote squash, rice, salad.          
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Long summer dress, color blocked in white, dark blue and tan.          
 
 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible and our study plans for church.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
I have started Dirilis:  Ertugrul, and really enjoying it too.  It is another Turkish series, this time about Ertugrul who was a famous warrior from the 13th century.  He become the father of Osman who founded the Ottoman Empire. 

 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Ground beef with chayote squash, rice, salad
Tuesday - Fettucine Alfredo, Garlic Bread, Salad
Wednesday -  Broccoli Cheese Chicken, Mashed Potatoes 
Thursday - Asian Beef and Noodles, Salad
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
I need to give it that Monday clean.  If you know, you know!!!            
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Laundry 
- Carpet clean

 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
A home full of plants, brings a smile to my face.     
 


 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
In Sunday school yesterday, we talked about what it means to be a mentor, and how we can help others.  We talked about the difference between constructive criticism and just critical words towards others.  
 
Mainly, we discussed Moses and Jethro and their relationship, how Jethro was a mentor to Moses and so forth.  Well worth the study and in depth look, if you're interested. 
 


8 comments:

Luludou said...

Wishing Jasmine lots of fun and happiness in her new chapter of life. ((Hugs)) to momma. Have a great week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Awww - biggest hugs to you sweet Momma! I know those bittersweet kinds of moments well. Sending out big prayers to Jasmine for this new chapter. 🙏 Love lots of plants too. And love your devotional thoughts. Blessings on your week. xoxo

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Sandra, first of all, I want to send you a big virtual hug as you navigate this bittersweet moment of Jasmine getting ready to move out. It's natural to feel a mix of pride and sadness as our children grow up and embark on new chapters in their lives. Let's find inspiration together! Trust that He is guiding Jasmine's steps and that everything will unfold in His perfect timing. Wishing you strength, peace, and joy as you navigate this busy week. Keep shining your light!

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks for sharing your blog post. I loved reading about your week and all the little details.

Thanks again for sharing, and keep up the great work!

Take care,
Aritha

Mrs.T said...

Adult Sunday School classes are great! I teach a ladies' class and love it. I learn as much as the students ... maybe more!

How exciting for Jasmine ... mixed feelings for you, I know. Have a wonderful week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh, I know that feeling. We have 6 kids, and the last one just moved out last year, after moving back in during covid. Some days I do miss the chatter, but I don't miss the messes ha ha! Have a great week.

Jean said...

How exciting for Jasmine but I know it must be bittersweet for you. Glad you are enjoying your Sunday school classes. That plant is so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jasmine - HUGE step, but must make you proud that she feels ready! I often enjoyed Sunday school more than the sermons also - so much depends on the person delivering the message at times. I can't believe I'm saying this after our super wet winter, but we could use some of your rain. I hope you have a GREAT week. LOL I've been watching for awhile and finally decided to say something - GIRL you are a day ahead on BLOG 365 and this year is already going to fast LOL!!

Menina Rosa Store said...

Olá! Amei seu vlog! (Conheci seu vlog do Blog "Lady Samy Arte".
Achei muito legal essa tag...tentei me inscrever para participar, mas não encontrei o botão para finalizar e enviar minha solicitação...mesmo assim, amei seu blog! Bju!

https://meninarosabyrosaalberti.blogspot.com/