Monday, June 19, 2023

{ Blog 365 # 170 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/19/2023 }

 
 
 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to my blog.  Albeit, a pretty boring blog lately, isn't it?  I feel like I've fallen back into the once a week posts, which is something I really didn't want to do.  The 365 was going well, and then life came through, pulled the rug from under my feet and set me scrambling, trying to get through the day.  By the time the day comes to an end, I am so tired, that my head hits the pillow and I'm fast asleep.
 
I've learned that life has these cycles.  Some slow ones, some busy ones, and the worst thing we can do is fight them or complain about them, because nothing changes.  So I'm riding it out.  My intent is to go back and try to get posts caught up.....will that actually happen?  I don't know, but I would like to.   
 
Anyway, on with today's post.  Have a blessed week ladies, and may the Lord keep His hand and His favor over you and your families.
♥♥♥♥

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Welcome summer, we've been expecting you.  This marks the first week of triple digits.  It also marks the first week of incessant sweating, and thigh chafing....yep.  Fun!  Hahaha
 
Monday -  Sunshine, 102
Tuesday - Sunny, 102
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 98
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 94
Friday - Sunny, 97
Saturday - Sunny, 103
Sunday - Sunny, 103



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
The sun is shining really bright.  There is also a breeze moving through the trees.  I don't know why, but sun shining and reflecting off the green leaves, with the wind blowing through at the same time, always seems magical to me.   
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
I just finished doing dishes, making hubby some coffee, starting the first load of laundry and making my bed.  I am now sitting down to work on this post. 
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
About the state of the world we live in.  I feel so disappointed and sad, at the same time.  It is this immense feeling of sadness that overwhelms me at times.  We want nothing more than to raise our children, in a kind and loving world, but every day, there is some news about horrible things happening.  
 
Anyone else feel like people have lost their mind?  The battle between good and evil, couldn't be more glaringly obvious.  May God have mercy on us all.           


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
The turtle tank filter, it sounds like a fountain.  I find the sound of water to be very soothing and calming, so I love having this noise in the background.       

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I am PMsing.  That should answer it all.  Hahaha         
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Cup of coffee and a cheese and ham sandwich.            
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Tuna salad.      
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole, Salad.  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Comfy shorts and a v neck t-shirt.            
 
 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible and our study plans for church.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Everything and anything Turkish.  Yes, I am quite obsessed with the Turkish shows.  In my defense though, they far surpass Hollywood, in every way.  The shows have substance, they are beautiful to watch, and the actors and actresses are stunning and brilliant at what they do.  
 
So far, I have watched:
 
Dirilis:  Ertugrul
Ramo
Kanunsuz Topraklar
Kalbim Sultani
 
 
This week, there are a few on my watch list:
 
AlpArslan Buyuk Selcuklu - Turkish historical action drama series, depicts the political events and wars during Alp Arslan's rule as a Sultan of the Seljuk Empire.
Uyanis Buyuk Selcuklu  -    Turkish historical drama television series, focuses on the life of Malik-Shah I, and his son, Ahmad Sanjar.

 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole, Salad
Tuesday - Shepherd's Pie, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday -  Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake, Cheesy Garlic Bread  
Thursday - Greek Moussaka, Salad
Friday - Chili Oven Dogs, Curly Fries
Saturday - Ervilhas com Ovos (Portuguese Pea and Egg Stew) , Bifanas (Portuguese Pork Sandwiches)
Sunday - Leftovers


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
I thankfully, don't need to do any cleaning today.  Our weekend was once again busy, so today that Curt is home, is practically our one and only weekend day to relax.  That's what we plan on doing.                
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
-  Laundry
 
 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
" They were on their way up to Jerusalem, with Jesus leading the way, and the disciples were astonished, while those who followed were afraid. — Mark 10:32 We all face hardships in this journey of life. When we feel like quitting, we need to remind ourselves that Jesus kept marching toward his destination. And now that we are freed from sin and death through him, we can share Jesus’ hope and peace with everyone around us.


12 comments:

Deanna said...

Howdy young Lady! Blessings to you. Embrace the moment. It'll pass before you know it. God bless.

Daniela said...

Sandra Dear,
May your week too be a blessed one!
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I am with you on the Heat... Stay Cool and have a great week.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Sending hugs! This world is in such a sorry state!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Tuna salad sounds good on a hot day in the garden. I often forget about those easy healthy lunches. I will have to whip some up this week. Thanks for the idea.

Mrs.T said...

I do agree with you that people seem to have lost their minds. And the world has never felt more upside down in my lifetime.

As always, your menus sound scrumptious and are so inspiring!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Don't fret the posting. Life does go in cycles! And just love sharing this time here with you each week. Blessings Friend. xoxo

Luludou said...

Yep - good vs evil is really hard these days the way people act. Have a great week, post when you can and it'll be fine

Debbie said...

I know what you mean about once a week posting. I am doing life and it just doesn't seem that exciting, but I enjoy reading about other people's lives, so I guess I just need to write about what's going on. At least my photo would change weekly :) Your menu looks yummy this week!

savannah said...

I enjoy your your posts, insight's into your daily life. It's real life, the funny,the
Sad , the good and bad.
It's what life is really is.
You are right about how evil people have become.
But we need to remember there are
still good people in the world.
But they are not on the evening news.
Because cutting their elderly neighbor's grass or cooking a meal for a sick friends family isn't exciting.
These people are all around us in our daily lives. They go about their business without fanfare. Darkness can never put out the light. Darkness fears the light.
We are all the light.

threesidesofcrazy said...

The one thing we can COMPLETELY count on in this life is that it changes and when we least expect it or have time for it. Don't melt with the summer temps and have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

Hope you had a wonderful week! I think it's a bit of a struggle to keep up with blogging in the summer, lots going on and then, more time outside. My posting has certainly slowed to a big halt. (We were on vacation this week though I really thought I'd get a post done on Monday before we left, no luck). Next week we'll do better :)