Slow Cooking Thursday!7:49 AM
All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.
Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.
Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas
5 pounds pork shoulder roast
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes - crushed
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
3 cups salsa
2 cups sour cream - optional
2 cups guacamole - optional
* Place pork in a slow cooker.
* In a small bowl, the vinegar, brown sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, pepper, garlic powder and seasoning salt and pour over the pork roast.
* Cover with the lid and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
* Remove roast to a tray or cutting board.
* Using two forks, pull the meat apart until shredded.
* Place shredded pork in a large bowl and pour some of the liquid from the slow cooker over the meat until it is as moist as you like.
* Return the meat to the slow cooker until ready to serve.
* Warm tortillas on a hot skillet.
* Place tortillas on a plate and top with a serving spoon full of pulled pork.
* Top with your favorite salsa and serve with sour cream and guacamole.