Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!



All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

Last week I tried the 1-2-3-4 Chili, it was really good, until I decided to eat it at 11pm...then it was REALLY bad, in a my stomach is killing me and I feel like I have to vomit, kinda way LOL


I've noticed that I'm not getting many participants anymore, I'm not sure if it's because it's summertime and everyone is away or what...but if I continue to get only a few, I may just stop the Slow Cooking Feature altogether...we'll see in a few weeks how it's going.

Here's today's recipe:



Slow Cooked Steak Rolls

1 1/2 lbs. beef round steak, 1 /4-inch thick salt and pepper
1/4 cup onion, chopped

2 tbsp. parsley, chopped

1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
2 tbsp. flour
oil
1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4-oz.)

1/4 cup catsup

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce


Trim fat and pound steak till very thin. Cut into 8 equal rectangular pieces. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Combine the onion, parsley and basil. Divide between the meat pieces and place in the middle of each piece.

Roll up and tuck edges in around stuffing. Tie or secure with toothpicks. Coat meat rolls with flour and brown in hot oil in skillet. Drain and place in crockery cooker. Combine the soup, catsup and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.

Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 8 hours or until meat is done. Remove toothpicks and enjoy with the sauce.


Serves 8


14 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

This sounds super yummy! You can still learn how to quilt!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, that meal certainly loks good! Hugs and Blessings. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Katrina said...

I use my crockpot once a week or every other week... I just never remember on thursdays! =)

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra that steak sounds so delicious thank you for hosting every week ,I do so enjoy it..Oh and I am posting the book for you on Friday,could you please e-mail me again ? Thanks .
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

looks yummy! I usually dont use the slow cooker in the summer though.

smilnsigh said...

Please don't make any final decisions on any aspect of blogging, in the summer. Methinks people's routines change a lot, in summer. So, just my humble opinion but... wait...

Plus, betcha' many people are grilling, grilling, grilling now. Which is cool. Can't easily do it, in deep winter, up in this hemisphere. But, it makes us forget the beauties of the slow cooker. Which is really sad. Because these beauties are as real in summer, as in other times of the year.

Even I admit to being guilty of this last. :-( I need to push 'The Resident Chef' to get out that slow cooker more, in summer. To me, nothing beats having a meal *DONE* early in the day!!! Woot!!!

Hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh
Photos-City-Mine
When Twilight Embraces

Stephanie said...

Don't give up on SCT. I've been super busy this summer with my Grandmother's funeral, going back to bury Mom's ashes, and moving with 3 kids under the age of 4. Moms will have more time when their kids go back to school.

Mississippi Songbird said...

That looks wonderful..

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE using my slow cooker!

the said...

mmmmmmm ~ those are mouth watering ! Stephanie

Kim said...

I tried a recipe on Monday that turned out pretty gross too. The flavor was fantastic but the cheese separated and the noodles ended up dissolving on your tongue like a breath strip. It was a recipe for a slow cooker too so I have no idea how the texture came out so bad.

I am going to make your orange cake again this weekend for my Sunday get together. If I can get it out of the bundt pan in one piece I am taking pictures and posting.

Kim

Christina said...

All I have to say is Yumm-o!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You CANT stop the SCT! I look forward to them everyweek! How can you stay so slim eating so many yummies? ;)
Tanna

Mari said...

Sounds so good! I would hate to see you stop this - I look forward to it, but maybe you could do regular recipes occasionally. Sometimes it's hard to keep coming up with the slow cooker ones and it would be fun to do some other themes - just a thought!