Monday, September 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook!

Hi everyone, come on in and see what's in my daybook!

If you want to join in, just got visit Peggy over at The Simple Woman, read the guidelines here and then add your name to Mr Linky. There are so many other participants sharing their day, I'm sure you'll enjoy looking through them :)


FOR TODAY
Outside my Window...
my backyard covered with pigeons, not sure what they're doing but they're HUGE.

I am thinking...
that I'm glad I am able to move around today, after spending the weekend in bed with a fever and a really bad cold, it feels great to get up without feeling like you were hit by a truck

From the learning rooms...
I've been reading a lot of books on the Amish, it's just fascinating to me to learn about their lifestyle and their beliefs.

I am thankful for...
the fact that the worst part of the cold hit me on friday and through the weekend while I had hubby at home.

From the kitchen...
For breakfast it was just cereal and lunch will be Pizzeria Pot Pie leftovers. Dinner will be Crockpot Garlic Swiss Steak.

I am wearing...
Khaki shorts, purple top and slippers

I am reading...
Nothing right now, just finished The Shopkeeper's Daughter and The Quiltmaker's Daughter, both were very good.

I am hoping...
to get a little nap in today, just because I feel able to move around doesn't mean I should overdo it.

I am creating...
a clean tidy home after the weekend of being sick. It's amazing how much of a mess a husband and two kids can make when unattended LOL

I am hearing...
the pugs snoring....hubby frustrated with his computer, apparently some spyware got on there and he's having a hard time getting rid of it.

Around the house...
Laundry to be ironed and put away, floors to be swept, living room to be tidied

One of my favorite things...
cuddling in my warm bed and watching a good show on the tv.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Absolutely NOTHING this week, just whatever

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

22 comments:

Michelle said...

HI Sandra
Great list :) I love hearing pugs snore.and must try the 5 minute chocolate cake..yum..

Cheri said...

One of my favorite things is laying in bed watching tv too.
That chocolate cake looks divine.

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better. A lot of people seem to be sick. Time to take my echinecia. (sp?)

soo much talk of food today. makes me hungrier than I already was.

Jen said...

I have no idea what a week of whatever would be like....I guess it would nice.

Lisa Cobler said...

Glad you are feeling better. I'm having a give away so stop by and sign up :)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Always love reading these, Sandra! I'm so glad you're up and about some today and I hope you feel back to normal very soon. It's no fun at all being sick :(

Take care and have a lovely week!

Susanne said...

Glad to hear you're up and about now.

A backyard covered in pigeons, now that is interesting!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

"the fact that the worst part of the cold hit me on friday and through the weekend while I had hubby at home." - SO thankful for helpful hubbies! Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Oh and 5 minute chocolate mug cake?????? GOTS to try that!

~melody~

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. It must be the "cool" weather we are having. :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sandra,

The 5 minute chocolate mug cake sounds wonderful...I should try that one! Glad you're feeling better!

Happy Fall!
Tammy

Renee said...

Wonderful daybook! Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I can't wait to try out this mug cake recipe!

Renee said...

I know you don't do awards but I sent one your way. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog and appreciate you!

Kelli said...

I hope you are feeling all better soon! I will definitely be trying the mug cake recipe!
~Kelli

Lavinia said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Any noise my dog makes just enchants me. I even love to hear him breathe...quite relaxing.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad you're feeling better! mug cake was truly sinful, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,

I saw the recipe for the cake yesterday and thought I have to try that! This morning I received an email from my husband with that exact same recipe that was being forwarded around his office! My 5-year-old and I tried it this afternoon, and it was delicious!! Thank you, thank you!

Marla

Marlayna said...

So crazy, when I looked at your chocolate mug cake picture I was sure I could smell it.

I hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better too.

Lovely thoughts for the day.

Love and hugs

Sarah x

jolene's spot said...

Hey Sandra! I love your blog.. Especially your portuguese recipes. My dad is pretty much all portuguese.. My grandmother cant read or write so we dont have many recipes on paper.. I made a few things for him from your blog and he said it reminded him of being a little kid:O)

Anonymous said...

I need to try your mug cake... maybe breakfast :)

Have a great Tuesday Sandra.

The Bookworm said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I haven't tried the chocolate mug cake yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Pamela said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and I'm sure it's a big relief that you have no plans for this week. Take care of yourself and get some rest (I know, military husband and kids at home, rest? what's that?)