Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Matthew 28:1-10

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."


I still can't read that verse without tears forming in my eyes, it is truly powerful isn't it?

It's Easter morning, the egg hunt has been completed, though it was inside this year because of the rain and the wet grass out back.

I have a beautiful spiral ham cooking away in the slow cooker, I also have a cheesy potato casserole in the other slow cooker, the scents in the house are drool worthy right now.

Here in a few minutes we'll start decorating Easter Eggs and while the kids do that, I'll be making deviled eggs out of the other half a dozen.

I have to say, I love Easter, I love the quietness of the day and the feelings and emotions it evokes in me, the way my mind is constantly reminded of the Lord's Resurrection and what it signifies for us.

So my dear friends, I am going to go and enjoy this day, I hope you're all having a blessed time with your families.

Happy Easter!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Easter to you too Sandra :)

Mari said...

I hope you and your family have a blessed day as well~!

Christina said...

Happy Easter to you and your family. It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful meal and a nice relaxing day.

Cheri said...

Blessed Easter wishes to you as well. Your dinner sounds very close to mine and it was delicious!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Have a wonderful Easter Day! Your dinner sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

Happiest Easter to you and yours! :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. Our dinner )tropical glazed pork loain, cheesy augratin potatoes and apricots with carrots) is just about ready - aren't those aromas just the best?

Bonnie said...

Happy Easter Sandra ! Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned ...

Unknown said...

I bet you all enjoyed that meal to the max. I love Easter as well, just for the true meaning.

Amy said...

What a beautiful scenerio you painted of home and the atmosphere around you, Sandra!~ mmmm... I feel like I am with you! I so love your heart towards your family!

And I soooo love that passage out of Matthew too... Oh thankyou, Jesus for laying down your life, to make a way for me to come, unashamed and unhindered before the Father. Becoming the ultimate sacrifice for my sin... woo wee!!! It's too much.. I so agree!!

And He is risen!!

Hope your day was as beautiful as your heart!

Amy

Tina Leigh said...

Amen sister! What a way to celebrate HIM and all that HE has done!