Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday




On my bedside table:
Crochet wash cloth that I'm making,
A love Woven True - Great book


On my TV:
Appaloosa
Paranormal State


On the menu for tonight:
Ham and Potato Casserole


On my To Do List:
Change kids bed linens
Put laundry away
Dust
Wash all the windows in the house


New Recipe I tried last week:
Crockpot Salsa Chicken - SO good, I'm glad I tried it.


In the craft basket:
Crochet Dish and Wash cloths
More crochet eggs and donuts, cupcakes etc


Looking forward to:
Finishing my 10 days of Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. It's hard but I've kept to it and I'm noticing a huge change in my body...love it.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you want a great online calendar that incorporates chores as well, check out Cozi. It's a great site.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I didn't get much blog reading done last week, so I'll leave this one empty today.


Favorite photo from last week:



Lesson learned the past few days:
Enjoy every single second you have with your children, they grow too fast, you're not going to get a second chance to do it over, so make every minute count.
With Nicholas turning 6 years old this last Saturday and Jasmine about to turn 10 years old, I'm reminded of how quickly time flies and how much I want to cherish every moment.


On my Prayer List:
My family
My husband and children



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God. 1 Corinthians 2: 5

14 comments:

Melonie said...

Lesson learned: so VERY true.

I love your post about his birthday. It just breaks my heart sometimes when I lay my little guy down for his nap - all too soon those moments will be gone. I lucked out and got a second chance when I thought my daughter would be my last. I sure appreciate it more each day.

Unknown said...

I so know what you mean about kiddos growing so fast...I have been thinking about babies alot and can't believe it was almost 6 years ago that I had my first! :)

My friend has 30 Day Shred too and likes it! Sounds ouch-ie to me, but I should check it out after baby! :)

Great post! Have a wonderful Monday! :)
-Amy

Sarah said...

Hi Sandra -
I'm going to have to look into your 30 day shred info - sounds very interesting! Especially if you are already seeing results.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds yummy! Off to print it out now...

Lara said...

Hi Sandra,
I loved reading your list as usual but I still don't know if I will have time to do mine.
I didn't know it was Nicholas's birthday as I was away, at my in-laws, and didn't have a computer with me. Happy Birthday!!!
What's that 30 day shred??? I'm curious.
Blessings

Kari said...

I enjoyed reading your list. I think I'll have to check out your 30 day shred. I need some help!!

I agree with your lesson learned - they do grow up very fast.
Have a great week.

Tina Leigh said...

How true it is that your babies grow up too fast! Nope you cant go back....those moments are lost forever! I have a hard time with that becasue I missed so much with my boys. That is why I work the schedule I work now (weekends only) so that I can enjoy my grand.

Wendi said...

Your lesson learned is so true! My baby girl is hardly a baby anymore and I just don't how that happened so quick.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I tried a version of your meatloaf with the vegetable soup in it? I didn't use enough breadcrumbs because it totally fell apart; however, it was delish! I served it on a whole wheat sub bun for a "disheveled meatloaf sandwich" and I froze the leftovers to be eaten over rice.

Have a wonderful week!

Sherry

foleybf said...

I love salsa chicken in the crock pot. It's so easy and tasty!

Jen
www.afterthealter.com

jessiev said...

Gotta try the Crockpot salsa Chicken...sounds so good and sooooeasy!
Lessons learned...well I know it to be true...out of my 3 children my youngest is 17. Missin' those younger days alot.
Thank God for grandchildren!

Bonnie said...

I am so going to try that crockpot recipe too !!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness -- I can't believe I typed Laura instead of Sandra! I've already fixed it! Ack!

Sherry

Amy said...

YOUCH on the shred.... hope your buns are becoming steal tho!! You go girl!!