Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday




On my bedside table:
Knit Two
Vicks, Kleenex, Motrin, Tylenol etc etc


On my TV:
Five Mile Creek Season 1
Paranormal State


On the menu for tonight:
Chicken in a Cream Sauce and Garlic Mashed Potatoes


On my To Do List:
Get some cleaning done, since I've pretty much been sick for a week everything's just fallen behind.


New Recipe I tried last week:
Nothing


In the craft basket:
Bread Bags - still
Fairies for Jasmine


Looking forward to:
This ridiculous virus leaving our home for GOOD. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
The best birthday you could give your kids, is to let them have their own day...from deciding what they want for meals, to what kind of cake to what activities they do.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Didn't read any blogs last week, so I'll leave this one empty for today


Favorite photo from last week:




Lesson learned the past few days:
When you suddenly find yourself in bed because of sickness, allow your children to pamper you. You would be surprised at just how much they'll make you smile and how much better you will feel.


On my Prayer List:
My family
My husband and children
My family in South Africa


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

18 comments:

Keeper of the Home said...

Ii just love that birthday photo. She is so beautiful!!!!

Mr. Linky collected my info from a soup post on the SCT before I knew it, so I posted my link twice. Is there any way to remove #2 for me? If not that's ok.

Sarah said...

I so hope you are feeling better today - doesn't it make you appreciate good health all the more when you don't have it? I pray that you will be back at full strength very soon.

May God bless and heal you!

Sarah said...

love the bday cake pic!!! feel better soon :)

P. said...

Happy birthday!!!

Alfazema

The Raggedy Girl said...

Hope you get well soon and all this flu stuff leave your home. Thank you for hosting my favorite meme.

Have An Amazing Monday
from The Raggedy Girl-Roberta Anne

Wendi said...

Love the picture!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Fun meme - birthday cake pic is so cute. Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Jen said...

I love the picture!! I pray this illness will finally leave your family for good. We let our children make their day for birthdays. They love it. Have a great week.

Bonnie said...

Oh Sandra,
I can tell that you just feel so yucky ! I really hope you get to feeling better soon !! I had to laugh though when you said you were sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I think we can all relate to that ... or have been able to at some stage !

Melonie said...

Happy birthday to Jasmine!

Hope you are feeling much better soon. Thanks for hosting even when you feel cruddy. I know how hard that can be!

Conny said...

You made my new favorite recipe (the chicken in cream sauce) - I've made it twice for my family since finding it on your food blog!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! And so easy :)
I so hope you feel better soon so you can get back to sharing crafts, pictures, and stories!!

Kirstin said...

HOpe you're feeling better. I was hoping to post today on Happy HOmemaker but my internet has been super slow.

Blessed Beyond said...

I hope and Pray that everyone will be well and back to normal really soon. I am sorry all are sick again!
Hugs and Blessings,

Laura L. said...

We did watch Fireproof, and we thought it was really great. Too bad it took us so long to get to it.
Some of the acting could have been better, I agree. For the most part, we really loved the movie.

Feel better soon!

Michelle said...

I hope that you enjoy the book;-)and that you feel better soon,I imagine the kids enjoyed pampering Mommy.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Renee said...

Jasmine is just beautiful! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Linda said...

I'm sorry I didn't link in sooner, here is my post.
http://remotetreechanger.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-homemaker-monday-april-27.html