Thursday, April 16, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday


Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.


Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
Makes about 4 servings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed (I misread this part of the original recipe and cooked my chicken whole, then shredded it. I'd prefer it in cubes next time.)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1/2 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 to 2/3 cup of beef broth
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp. butter & 1 Tbsp. olive oil to saute the mushrooms
1 pkg. egg noodles
2 Tbsp. cornstarch added to 1/4 cup cold water for thickening
Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)

1. Put chicken, butter and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Drain off liquids. Transfer liquids to a saucepan.

2. To the saucepan of liquids, add cream cheese, sour cream and beef broth. Add half of the thickening mixture and bring to a boil. If it is still too thin, add the remaining cornstarch and bring to a boil again. Add sauce back to the chicken cubes.

3. Saute the mushrooms with the butter and olive oil until browned. Add to the chicken and sauce mixture. Turn Crockpot to high and let cook for 20 to 30 minutes.

4. Cook egg noodles according to instructions. Serve chicken and sauce over the egg noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum.. looks like comfort food.

Anonymous said...

This looks good Sandra!

Blessed Beyond said...

this looks and sounds really good. What a great variation! Thank you for sharing it!

Lori said...

Oooooh, I bet that cream cheese makes it good!!!! :)

Mike Golch said...

sounds good to me.I hope that you are having a great day.

Conny said...

makes me want to say:
mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! :)

Jen said...

This sounds wonderful!! I'm glad to hear that everything went well with Jasmine at school. Have a great week.

Melissa said...

Looks delicious!

I'm new to Slow Cooking Thursday. Great idea!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

This sounds wonderful! I might have to leave off the mushrooms for us, but I think it sounds great! I love crock-pot recipes! Thanks, Sandra

Tammy

Mari said...

Sounds good - another one for me to try!

Anonymous said...

I love Stroganoff but I never thought of using chicken... sounds wonderful

SnoWhite said...

that sounds really tasty!

Michelle said...

Sandra that sounds so tasty..I'm making this next week.

The Raggedy Girl said...

That looks really good.

From Roberta Anne- The Raggedy Girl

Susanne said...

Yum, I want a plate full right now!

Unknown said...

Sounds YUMMY! :)

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Hi Sandra,

I've never left a comment on this blog, but I've certainly enjoyed your post. I have a little something for you over at my place. I pray it is a blessing to you.

Mrs.B