Monday, January 16, 2012

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 2012 #3 }

Well good morning everyone, hope you are all having a good long weekend :)

Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
It's been cloudy for the past 3 days, and it seems that it rained last night, woke up to wet ground all around.  Just wish it had rained during the day so I could see it LOL


On my reading pile::: 
I'm actually rereading Pride and Prejudice right now :)



On my TV:::
Still have to watch Young Herriot, may just do that today.
Call the Midwife which was just brilliant.
I may rewatch one of Jane Austen's movies this afternoon while doing laundry


On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Orange chicken and rice 
Tuesday - Saucy Roast Beef Big Mouth Sliders
Wednesday - Turkey Parm Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
Thursday - Cheesy Kielbasa Bake
Friday - Homemade Pizza
Saturday - Shepherd's Pie
Sunday - Fettucine Alfredo, Garlic Bread



On my to do list:::
Homeschooling today, we took Friday off and switched out with today so we'll be catching up
Finish off the laundry


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Going to finish my Crochet Needle Case today, it's almost done :)


Looking around the house:::
It's very quiet right now, the curtains are open slightly while the dogs are outside, my kettle is boiling water on the stove for some tea, the kids are still asleep, the fish in the tank are all crowded near the top waiting for me to feed them and I have basket of clean clothes at my feet waiting to be folded.


From the camera:::

2012_01150026


Something fun to share:::
A few days ago I was telling my kids about how we used to spend our days when we were children living in Portugal.  One of the things we used to do was build little go karts out of wood and ball bearings, I mean there were like 20 of us kid in one neighborhood and we would all get together and build them, decorate them however we wanted to and then would slide down the street.  It was so much fun.  So I told the kids that we were going to sit down one of these weekends and build ourselves some go karts too.....they are so excited and honestly so am I, it's like a trip back in time for me :)



On my prayer list:::
Lots of friends needing prayers for themselves and their families.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12

10 comments:

Kristy Jensen said...

Those donuts look so good...I may just lick the computer screen to see if I can taste them. YUM!

Julie said...

Our menu has several similar things! Weird! And I agree w/ Kristy those donuts look soooo good!

Mandi said...

What a great "looking around the house" moment :) I love those quiet times... momma's so need those. I'm learning this all over again.

Susanne said...

And now I'm totally craving jelly donuts! YUM!

Unknown said...

Ok, I am already looking forward to the cheesy kielbasa bake! lol

I want to watch that Midwife show you posted about too ....

*hugs*

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Bolas de Berlim, singularly my favourite pastry EVER! Just thinking of them takes me right back to Portugal. The last time I had one was eight years ago. I didn't even make it out of the airport, I had one there and then at a little coffee shop, along with a galao - a little piece of heaven.
xxx Bela

Rita said...

I enjoy reading your blog. And the picture is beautiful. I like it.

Have a good day!

immaculate said...

love your blog

Mommy Made Whole said...

Great passage choice!

Lindsey said...

I love your blog! It's so sweet and I love your pictures and menus! You're my hero.

My husband is half Portuguese. His family is from the Azores. His Aunts are always telling stories about the Azores and sharing recipes and traditions. There is actually a big Portuguese community here where I live and my husband's family is very active in the Portuguese festivals and dances. So fun!

I was wondering if it would be ok if I started a Happy Homemaker post on my blog? I love it.