Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{ Yarn Along }

Good Morning, another Wednesday and it's time for Yarn Along with Ginny over at Small Things.

Here's what I'm working on this week, a crocheted case for my crochet hooks.  I just started it last night and already had to pull it apart once, the pattern I'm following is not exactly easy to understand and there's some errors here and there so I'm having to improvise a lot, it's one of those moments where I'm thankful that I've been crocheting for years so that I don't stumble and cry.

2012_01110007

Using up some leftover yarn from another project :)  I do really like these 3 colors together.

2012_01110005

The pockets for the hooks are crocheted as you go along, it was a little confusing at first but now I got it and it's simple to follow.

2012_01110006

I'm also starting my menu plan for the next two weeks so I'm looking through my cookbooks and this one is so cute to read, recipes interspersed with stories from Little House on the Prairie.

So there you have it, that's what I have on my hooks this week.  Remember if you want to join in or just take a look at what others are making, head on over to Ginny's place :)

6 comments:

pinkundine said...

I've just sewn a knitting needle case, but what a nice idea to make your hook case out of yarn! Love the three colours you're using, great project for leftovers :)

Jen said...

That is one of my favorite cookbooks as well. I also have the "Laura Ingalls Wilder Cookbook" which is the recipes from when she was married. That is where I got the gingerbread recipe we make at the first snowfall.

Mommy Made Whole said...

I adore that crocheted case! After I get the hang of crocheting (I'm now on the 2nd row of my very first baby sock! lol) I want to crochet a bag for my yarn and supplies. I think a case for the hooks is a great idea. :)

Andrea said...

This is kind of unrelated, but how do you do your menu planning? Whenever I have a good plan, things go haywire and I don't end up making half the meals.

Trisha said...

Very cute case so far. I need to make a case, can't decide if I want to sew or crochet it! lol

Rita said...

I like the three colors. Wonderful!