Monday, January 02, 2012

{ So it begins......}

a new Year that is.

Always feels a little weird the first few days, you tend to still want to say you're in 2011, you still write 2011 on everything and you find yourself thinking about the next 12 months ahead.

What is to come, what will you be doing next time this year.  Anyone else get that uneasy feeling?  I am such a dork like that, I always work myself up because the unknown is always scarier than anything else, and then I have to talk myself and remember that life is what you make of it.  I may not know what is ahead for this year but I do know that it's out of my hands and my part in this big scheme of things, is to do my best, live my life and flourish.

By golly I will do that.!

It's been a quiet day, laundry has been done, meals have been prepared, a quick trip to the Base BX was made and then out to dinner with the family for some Korean food.

2012_01020005

My morning coffee enjoyed while everyone is still asleep, enjoying their last to sleep in because as of tomorrow we're plunged right back into normal routines, work, homeschooling etc.

2012_01020006

I got a whole chicken cleaned out and in the pot to make curry....let it cook pretty much all day on low heat, smelled amazing.  It will tomorrow's dinner because for me, curry is always better the next day.

2012_01020016

That quick trip to the base BX resulted in some needed items like printer ink for schooling and this new cover for my Kindle.  By the way, remember back when I made a post about the Kindle, Nook or good old books???  Yeah, I have no problem admitting that my opinion has completely changed when it comes to the Kindle.  BUT, don't let that fool you into thinking that I don't prefer a good old book in my hand over the Kindle....because I still do :)

2012_01020020

Got some Carne de Alguidar marinating.  Alguidar is the Portuguese word for Basin/Bowl and in Alentejo which is in the south of Portugal, it is a very popular way of preparing pork.  You dump the pork into a bowl and then add Massa de Pimentao (Red Pepper Paste), garlic and bay leaves and wine and let it sit for at least a day or two.  I tell you, by the time I cook this up it is going to taste phenomenal :)

Now let me tell you about something new that is going to be happening here on the blog.

I have decided to start a new feature every Friday called Friday Favorites. If you have something special you would like to show, if you have a trinket which has a special meaning for you or maybe just something you have just found and own or would like to have, I invite you to come and share with us.

All you need to do is take a photo or two or three and tell us about the item.  It could be anything, a trinket, a book, a new cookware set, a necklace, a photograph....anything that you love :) I'll have a Mr Linky up for you to join in.

Here is the button we will be using and like I said, it will be every Friday so if you want to join in you have a few days to think about what your first share will be.

FF


I can't begin to describe how excited I am to be back blogging, the joy I feel posting on here again is indescribable, it's akin to how I felt when I start my blog back in the day.

I honestly feel that this is what I'm supposed to be doing, it feels right and even better is that I'm seeing a lot of my old bloggy friends returning to blogland too.  Just like old times :)

I'm off to Land Girls and hopefully catch part 1 of the new Treasure Island series from the UK, and I'll be sharing a few of my favorite shows of the moment on tomorrow's post. 

Before I forget, I better grab my crochet hook and thread, I've been itching to make something :)

 

7 comments:

Mari said...

I love your Kindle cover! It looks like an old book.
The curry sounds wonderful - hope you share the recipe. :)

Sarah said...

Happy New Year! Love the Kindle cover.

Your blog has always been one of my favourites. xx

Liz said...

Oh yes, please share the curry recipe!!! I love curry but have never found a recipe I like.

Anonymous said...

So very nice to meet you Sandra. My brother bought me a Kindle and then a cover/light for it at Christmas. I do love it and I also love the books I find for a bargain at the thrift store!

I look forward to your Friday meme!

Pamela said...

Just found you through another blog. Love what I see!
Imperfectly Pamela

Jaymi @ Oh Geez... said...

Love the new blog look :) Now I'm off to search fully bellies for a recipe :)

Anonymous said...

G'morning, Sandra, I so enjoy your blog gets my morning going..hey just wondering do you know anything about Etsy or someone who may have that, my youngest daughter the knitter, is looking at getting one going, can you either write me on my blog or hers Tasha (Fibrerox) she is on my list Thanks Sandra, I too love that cover you picked up also still thinking of those great little book looking boxes you got :) ttyl Sue