Wednesday, January 04, 2012

{ Yarn Along }

I've missed so many things on my blog and this Wednesday feature hosted by Ginny at Small Things, is one of them.

If you've read my blog for a while then you'll know that there are a few things that you will always find by my side.  A book, my camera, a crochet hook and yarn.  No matter where I go, these things tend to have their own place in my bag :)

Ginny asks us to share our current projects, whatever we're knitting or crocheting along with something we're reading and I'm only too happy to oblige.

I made this one last night in about 30 minutes, it was really simple to crochet and so cute, thanks again to the amazing Lucy at Attic24.  I've been her fan since she started her blog way back in 2008, she's been such an inspiration to me :)

Anyway, moving onto my Yarn Along.  If you want to join in, go check out Ginny's blog Small Things and add your name to the ever growing list :)

Pretty Crochet Trim

This wonderful crochet trim makes a very cute addition to mason jars.

Pretty Crochet Trim

While crocheting, I was also reading A Pioneer Sampler book, which I am truly enjoying. It follows the daily life of a pioneer family in 1840, what they did, how they made things, how they survived etc. Very sweet book with lots of great ideas :)

Pretty Crochet Trim

I'm thinking of making longer ones to trim my shelves in the pantry. I probably won't use the same colors, I am thinking softer colors...maybe white and then a few other pastels in there. We'll see.

Anyway, that's what I'm working on right now, by next week I'll have moved on to another project :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could crochet. I love these as trim for Mason jars and what a great idea to trim your shelves.

The Pioneer books sounds like a cozy read!

Have a great day, Sandra.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Those are adorable. I briefly thought of crocheting jar lid covers for Christmas....ok, so I just ran out of time! Silly me. I carry around my crochet and book wherever I go too. The other day I ran to the store with my hubby and grabbed my bag of crochet and my book.
"How long do you think we're going to be gone?"
"Well, you just never know," I replied. Plus it calms me when he's driving...'nough said.

someone else said...

Those could not get much cuter! Adorable.

Sandy J. said...

I really like your idea of trimming your shelves in the pantry. I might like to do that myself. I look forward to your pictures. :)

Conservative Knit Mom said...

Your books looks like a wonderful read and your trim makes me want to want to dig out my crochet hook and try learning (again) Lovely wook mama!

Lori ann said...

this makes me want to crochet. so very adorable!

Rita said...

O, what a wonderful crochet trim on the jars ...

Love it.

Natalie said...

I own the Pioneer Sampler too. Funny thing is, I bought it for my kids, but I am the one that keeps pulling it out again and again.

Your mason jar toppers are super cute...thanks for sharing.