Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{ Yarn Along }

What a day it's been for me.  Our little pug Lola seems to have hurt her eye somehow, we are not sure what happened because we didn't see her hit it anywhere or anything hit it, but she now has a Corneal Ulcer.

It is so heartbreaking, I don't care what anyone says, if you have pets and you love them as much as we do ours, you understand that they become a part of the family, they are like your children, so seeing any of them in pain or uncomfortable is just heart wrenching.

She's been to the vet, she is now on medicated eye ointment and has to be seen again in 7 days, the vet feels that by then it should be healed.  So I'm praying and hoping and asking YOU to please pray too that her eye heals, I know it may seem like a weird request, but we love this little one so much :)


But on to today's Yarn Along, which is going up really late, but hey, better late than never right?

I finished the Crochet Hook Case but the first one was a bit of a mess, like I said last week, the pattern was a little hard to follow so the first try was trial and error.

I decided to make another one and this time it went by a lot faster and a lot smoother.

Crochet Hook Case

Didn't really know if these 3 colors would work well, but figured I would just give it a try anyway and I'm glad I did, I like them :)

Crochet Hook Case

The vintage buttons I got from Cath Kidston seemed like the perfect accessory for this little case

Crochet Hook Case

As for what I'm reading, well nothing, finished my last book and am trying to decide what to read.

So, that's what I've been working on, what have you been making?

11 comments:

Mary said...

That hook holder is so cute! you did an awesome job. I love the button.

I hope little Lola feels better!

~Carla~ said...

Not weird at all to ask for prayers for Lola! Just sent up a prayer for her... I pray her eye heals quickly & things are better in the next week at the vets! ((hugs))

Cole said...

What a beautiful case! Love it!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Whiskey did the same thing an the vet said she probably caught her eye with her own claw. It healed just fine. I'm sure LOLA will be fit as a fiddle real soon!

Renee said...

What a beautiful case! Praying for Lola.

Sheila said...

Love your hook holder. The colors really work well together. We're adding our prayers for Lola. Take care.

Elise said...

Aww, poor doggie! I know exactly what you mean about loving your animals. I shed a lot of tears when my old boy passed on.
I hope Lola gets better quickly!
As for the crochet hook case. That's a great idea. My sister has one made of fabric, which is nice, but I can't sew worth a darn. Don't know why I never thought to crochet one!

kolfinnas korner said...

Hope Lola gets better real quick! I agree, pets are people too!

I've been making a LOT of nanna bread lately. I think I'm getting better at it. :-)

Ashley Armstrong Krueger said...

It is really common with Pugs. We had one and he had a corneal ulcer as well. His was caused by litter mate as a newborn pup and ended up being permanent since he was so young at the time. Thankfully, it barely seemed to impede his eyesight.

With Lola being older, I am sure it will heal up just fine!

Angi Bosley said...

Aaawwww.....poor baby. It doesn't sound crazy, my dog is just another baby to me! Will pray for her. I love your case....I'm working on a makeup bag right now, but I don't have a pattern so we'll see!

Lora @ Motherhood Moments said...

Hope Lola feels better soon! We are dealing with the same thing with our black lab/german shepherd mix, Bella. On Wednesday afternoon, we noticed she was holding her eye closed. We thought maybe she'd irritated it playing with our other dog, Amber, but the next morning she was still keeping it closed so we took her to the vet. They couldn't find a scratch, so she's on medicated eye ointment 2-4 times a day. Just one day later, it's already looking MUCH better (she doesn't hold it shut at all anymore).