Monday, September 01, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/01/2014

Good morning friends.  Happy Labor Day and happy first day of September.  Can you believe that we are already in September?  Didn't August just fly by so very fast?

Well, let's see what our first week of September holds.

www.familycorner.blogspot.com

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
I just sat down to compose this post while my coffee is making, so here in a few minutes I will have a cup of Nescafe coffee with some vanilla creamer, and my usual toast.....although it feels so much like fall this morning that I am going to add some apple butter to it.  Yum! 

On today's to do list::::

Laundry
Sweep and mop floors
Get lessons ready for tomorrow

Currently reading::::
The Spanish Queen by Carolly Erickson....finishing it today, and returning it to the library this week.

On the TV today::::
Portuguese Soaps - Beijo do Escorpiao, Mulheres
Lots of documentaries

The weather outside is::::
50 degrees at the moment and loving it.


On the menu this week::::


Monday
D:  Steaks with Cream Sauce and Mash

Tuesday
D: Goulash

Wednesday
D:  Chicken Pot Pie

Thursday
D:  German pizza

Friday
D:  Baked pork chops, Bean salad

Saturday
D: Stuffed Peppers

Sunday
D: Gonzalez Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Corn

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Well it's a public holiday, so I WILL have a few minutes to myself.  I plan on working on the leg warmers, watching some tv and enjoying copious amounts of tea or coffee. 

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Last week I made my mother in law's Hot and Spicy Lasagna which is SO yummy.  This week there are a few I am trying for the first time, the one I am most excited to try though is the German Pizza.

In the garden::::
I finally harvested my chili peppers, gave one to my brother.  They were so big.  I have new growth coming in though so can't wait for more.  My lettuce is growing rapidly and I think I need to transplant it to a bigger pot.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
First day of school :)
_MG_6320


Looking Around the House::::
My niece and nephew slept over so there is quite a bit of cleaning and tidying I need to do, as there always is when there are sleepovers right?



Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
Honestly, last week I didn't get much blog visiting done....or rather, I did stop and say hi to a couple of you but not many and I certainly didn't have time to visit anyone new.  It was just one of those weeks for me.  I hope to do that today though as I have more time to relax.

Praying for::::
Praying for you, all of my blog readers, for whatever it is that you may be needing at the moment.  If you want, leave a simple note down below letting me know what I can pray for and I will do it.


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment:::: 



PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra,
Yep August just flew right by us!
I wish you a wonderful week.
Beijinhos,
Lucy

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so jealous that your morning feels like fall! Have a great week. :D

Jen said...

We are having a hot and humid day. Can't complain though because this summer we have only reached 90 degrees a few times. I have been very happy with our cool summer.

I have a prayer request... this upcoming week is when I start the full time hours. I'm trying to get as much done before tomorrow. Simple dinners for Matt, laundry started, and floors cleaned. After taking care of little kids all day I may not have much energy left to do things here. I just pray I'm able to get it all worked out so things run smoothly.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Monday to you, Sandra! I so enjoy starting out my week with you and reading about your plans. There was a little funny moment on this post: Your caption for "Love this area on my shelf" is the one of the kids at the table studying!!

Thank you for inviting us into your prayer circle. Please include my best friend who will be starting back to work part time after having back surgery a year ago and hip replacement 3 months ago. And us only in our 50s. Also please keep my daughter in your prayers for whenever she is driving back and forth to University.

Your friend,
Elizabeth in Mississippi

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

I cannot believe how fast this year is going! I'm shocked that we're in September already.

My husband would love the Hot & Spicy Lasagna. He would eat spicy food all day long if he could!

Hope you're having a great day x

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the picture of your kids all doing their online classes. I am wondering what the source for the online classes is. Are they provided through your local school district or is it through a national charter school like K-12, or do you design your own curriculum? Hope you have a good week. You sound busy but happy!

Unknown said...

I am in Montana, so this high of 70's makes me feel like fall too! I lit a pumpkin candle to set the mood. I have been reading your blog for about 3 years now, just as you are praying for US, I want to thank you. I feel encouraged in my work as a housewife because I see your persistence through the daily storms, and your love of the simple, beautiful things in life. Now, as I start homeschooling, I find inspiration from you too. Praying for you to be uplifted, refreshed and encouraged today :)

Liz said...

Isn't it insane how fast the summer came and went. It felt like the blink of an eye.

I'll have to give the hot and spicy lasagne a try. It sounds really good and I know my husband would love it too.

I love the picture of the boys sleeping on the floor. I love that the kids all seem so close. That's the way it should be.

Have a wonderful week!

Conny said...

I missed HHM today due to being gone all day for the holiday ...
but I have to chime in that I am super curious about GERMAN PIZZA!!!!!!! Please, please share once all is said and done and eaten!! :)

Unknown said...

I was in a terrible car accident yesterday. My car is totaled but I am bruised and alive. Just pray my mind and spirit can heal from this trauma.

Thanks Sandra <3 jen

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you have a great week Sandra and I look forward to hearing about the German Pizza as I have never heard of that before. xx

Felicia said...

I love how happy your pug looks to be snuggled up to your nephew, that is one happy dog. =)

Can you send the weather my way? 50 degrees sounds so wonderfully amazing.

Have a blessed week!

Christy said...

Hi Sandra! We had such a busy weekend that I needed yesterday to catch up and prepare for the week, so I missed out on HHM. I LOVE your photo of the first day of school. There is a special place in my heart for my children sitting at my table doing homework while I make dinner. What a wonderful thing to offer prayers on our behalf. I hope your week is wonderful!