Thursday, September 11, 2014

Slow Cooking Thursday - 09/11/2004

Good morning everyone, welcome to another Slow Cooking Thursday.

As the weather gets cooler, I know that those crockpots are going to be working more, at least that is how it usually goes in my house :)

With that in mind, it's time to pull out all those amazing slow cooking recipes and start whipping up some delicious meals for the family.

cookingthursday


BBQ Ribs

BBQ Ribs Slow Cooked to Perfection

Pork Ribs
Diet Sprite
Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper
Paprika
1 bottle of Barbecue Sauce


Cut the rib rack in half and then season both pieces with the garlic, salt and pepper and paprika.  Place them in the crockpot and add sprite.  I usually add about 2 cups.

BBQ Ribs

Cook on LOW for 8 hours.  About an hour before the time is up, I pour in some barbecue sauce.  I don't measure, just eyeball it, but I would say about 1/2 cup, just spread it over the ribs to cover them nicely.

When done, remove from the crockpot, place on a foil lined baking pan and pour on the rest of the barbecue sauce.  I just use my hands and smear it all on there

BBQ Ribs

Place under the broiler for about 3 to 4 minutes.  Keep an eye on it, you don't want to burn it, just give it a nice dark brown color.  Serve immediately.

5 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Sandra - Just doing a little catching up after being gone on a little vacation. These ribs sounds wonderful! I'll be back with a recipe next week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These ribs sound yummy!! I also love taking large country style ribs and browning them in butter & a little oil and then put them in crockpot. Cut an onion in slices and brown them in the butter/juices mixture in same pot and then add them to crockpot and pour over all either fave store bought bbq sauce or homemade and cook 8 hrs on low and the meat falls right off the bones! So good.

threesidesofcrazy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
threesidesofcrazy said...

Those ribs look so delectable!!!

BTW Mr. Linky is not accepting links :( keeps saying null and error

~Carla~ said...

Honestly... I think I gain weight just *looking* at your amazing photos... mmm! Lol!!