Thursday, September 18, 2014

Slow Cooking Thursday - 09/18/2014


Good morning, here we are on another Thursday.  I am sure glad to see it pop around and know that tomorrow is Friday.  I've been looking forward to the weekends more lately, as I know I will have some time with my husband, something that doesn't happen much during the busy weeks.

Here is the recipe I chose for today's Slow Cooking Thursday, hope you enjoy it.



Slow Cooked Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooked Honey Garlic Chicken


1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves, chopped or grated
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
fresh basil, shredded, for garnish


Place the chicken in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, soy sauce, ketchup and honey. Pour over the chicken and cover.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken, place on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Transfer the remaining sauce to a saucepan and reduce down over medium heat until desired consistency is reached. Serve over the chicken and garnish with fresh basil.


3 comments:

Mari said...

That looks so good! I'll be trying this one!

Jen said...

Sorry my recipe is not a slow cooking recipe. I am in canning mode in the kitchen.

Hope your week is going well. This chicken looks so good!!

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra the chicken looks and sounds awesome...now how would you serve it? I was thinking if you shredded it you could use for nachos,or chicken quesidias!!!
I will be definetly trying this one...my husband isn't a big fan of chicken but I think he would give this a try....

Hugs
Rhonda