Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's finally stopped raining but I think we are getting a little more this week.


One of my simple pleasures:
Walking barefoot in the grass


On my bedside table:
Twenties Girl
The Thirteenth Tale


On my TV:
Stargate SG1 Season 10
Stargate Atlantis


On the menu for tonight:
Flatbread Tacos


On my To Do List:
Put away laundry
Sweep and Mop floors
Dust


New Recipe I tried last week:
Chai Tea Concentrate


In the craft basket:
I don't even remember anymore, it's been ages since I've looked in there.


Looking forward to:
Being alone in the house for the day so I can get my housework done without interruptions. What is it with weekends? It's like Tornado Alley!


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Instead of using plastic wrap to cover bowls in the microwave, cover a round heatproof glass bowl with a round heatproof glass casserole cover or with an inverted heatproof glass bowl of the same size. A heat-resistant round glass pizza pan also works well, and the overhang makes removal and recovery both safe and easy.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
None this morning, I haven't caught up on my blog reading yet.


Favorite photo from last week:

Rain for two weeks non stop



Lesson learned the past few days:
That I'm a worrier, no matter how hard I try not to, it's just who I am and it's been one of the hardest things to overcome.


On my Prayer List:
Family and Friends


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.
Proverbs 16:32

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I know what you mean about 'Tornado Alley'. My house is the same too.

I know what you mean about worrying too. It's a Mum thing, but I do think I worry far too much.

Hugs xx

PageRank Check said...

hahah i love this one too
Stargate SG1 Season 10

Jen said...

We have been praying for you out there with all the rain!

I also worry about everything! It's one of my biggest struggles as a Christian.

Have a great day!

annies home said...

my mom always used to say when it comes to housekeeping with people and children around "What do you expect you cant keep the area clean in a runway either"

Cheryl B. said...

My friend has a cross stiched saying hanging in her front entry which I have loved for y-e-a-r-s - "Picking up while the children are up, is like shoveling while it's still snowing". So-o-o true!!!

We had rain here yesterday, but tonight we are suppose to return to getting snow - which means it's HEAVY air pressures today! That's typical life in MI.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

we have snow--again today. last week's rain had washed all the old snow away so this will be a new clean blanket--yay?
love your chai tea concentrate!!!!!
★Linda

Tina Leigh said...

A warrior huh...well have you looked at who's standing next to you...it's me in full body armor!! Well it does have it's good points sometimes...you have to admit! LOL!

We have gotten so much rain here too!!!! 5 inches in a few days. My yard is a wet bog hole!

Mary said...

I have a question... If I were to start Homemaker Mondays on my blog, what do I need to do? Do I have to use the exact same questions as you or can I tweek them a bit? I just want to make sure I do it right! I am still pretty new at being a SAHM so I don't know if I have useful tips every week. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much

Mary

Sara said...

Sandra - I have been on your other blog (FBHK) several times - and just discovered this one. Its nice to know I'm not the only one: to worry, to always be cleaning up, to look forward to being alone in my house sans interruptions etc, etc. And I tried making Chai Tea concentrate for the first time this week too. So yum!