Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cooking Thursday #3


I've been doing the Slow Cooking Thursday for so long now, years actually, and it's had a good run but I've noticed lately that everyone seems to be running out of crockpot recipes to share and I don't want to completely do away with the feature, so I thought it time to change it up a bit.

Cooking Thursday will now replace our weekly crockpot feature to include not only those recipes but also any kind you may wish to share......breakfast, main dishes, desserts etc.

So won't you join me and share with us one of your new recipes, or an old family favorite, you can even throw in a recipe for homemade soaps or detergents (just remember to specify).

For the guidelines, you can go here.

2010_01130020


1/2 cup dried onion flakes
2 pounds ground chuck- 80/20 ground beef
1/2 t. seasoned salt
6 slices cheddar cheese
24 small party rolls- I use Martin's Potato Bread Party Rolls
24 dill pickle slices

Evenly spread the onions on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Gently press the ground beef on top of the onion flakes. Press evenly making one giant pattie.

Sprinkle with seasoned salt. At this point you can use a drinking straw and poke holes throughout the meat. That is what they do with the original white castle sliders.

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Using a paper towel, pat the excess grease from the top of the pattie.

Top with cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2 more minutes.

Remove from oven, let set 5 minutes then cut into 24 patties. Slice open and separate each party roll. Place bottom of rolls on a large platter.

Using a spatula lift pattie with onion layer onto each bun bottom. Top each slider with a pickle slice then the bun lid. Serve immediately. Makes 24 Sliders.


11 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my!! These look so good! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Tasty! Thaks for hosting!

Renee said...

These look really good! Thanks for sharing and hosting this.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Thanks for the inspiration. I think I'll make these tonight. Much better than big old burgers anyway.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I'm thinking next get together we are having these. All the grands eat burgers and these sound awesome and easy. Thanx!
★Linda

Mari said...

What fun things to make! Thanks!

Bonnie said...

mmmm. i have added a link but i didn't write it specifically for your cooking thursday ... next week i will do one specifically and make sure i link back to you !! but i wanted to share this recipe because it was sooo yummy and healthy too !!

Christina said...

YUMM-O!!!!!!!!!

We don't have a White Castle here, can you believe this? So I am adding these burgers to my menu next week. I have never bought potato bread party rolls, but I am sure I can find it somewhere on this island.

Unknown said...

Seems sliders size burgers are everywhere right now, these look great!! Thanks Sandra

Erin said...

I will have to sub the rolls with gluten free bread, but these look so yummy! Burgers are always a hit with our family- especially sliders!