Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A love to last forever by Tracie Peterson


All Beth Gallatin has really wanted out of life is to settle down in one town, with one man, and raise a family. But with her father's roaming ways, she's always been denied that dream; instead, she found solace in reading romantic books. With her father's passing, she can, for the first time, dare to claim the rugged Montana frontier as her home. Nick Lassiter has loved Beth since she first came to town, but she's always seemed to think of him more as a brother. Just when he finally gets Beth to consider him, however, a challenger threatens the affection growing between them. But neither Nick nor Beth is prepared when they must face the consequences of Nick's complicated past. As a past fraught with unwise choices and guilt invades their world, can Nick and Beth find a love that will last forever?

If I'm looking for a good book to sit down with, this is it. Little did I know that my very first Tracie Peterson book would result in an immediate love for the writer.......I can safely say that she's quickly climbed to the top of my list for favorite authors.

One of my favorite book genres are historicals and Christian fiction and this one brings both of those together.

The main character is Beth and from the get go she had me smiling, she's a huge book lover, dime novels to be exact. She's also a dreamer and a hopeless romantic, dreaming of the day Prince Charming will come into her life and sweep her off her feet.

Along the way we will watch as Beth comes to realize she's in love with Nick Lassiter while having to discourage the advances of Adrian Murphy.

Set in 1870's, the book is full of exciting characters, I really could not put it down and even though I read it out of order this being #2 of the Brides of Gallatin County, Ms Peterson writes in a way that you don't get lost or wonder who is who and what is what.

I can not wait to get my hands on book #1 - A Promise to Believe in and #3 - A dream to call my own of this series. Have you read any Tracie Peterson books, can you suggest any that you think I would enjoy?

9 comments:

Mari said...

I haven't read this one but love the author!

Katrina said...

I have read one of her books... it was good!

Susanne said...

I love any and all of Tracie Peterson's novels. I can't remember the series but the one about the Yukon Gold Rush is very good too.

Anonymous said...

You've convinced me! I just ordered the first in the series.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Sherry

Unknown said...

I haven't read anything by her, but I definitely will now! Like you, I love historical novels along with Christian novels. It thrills me when I find a book that combines the two! Have a great day!

Tracy said...

Strangely, this is one of the few authors of Christian fiction that I've not read anything from. Whilst not particularly picky, historical is not my first pick of genre though.

Renee said...

This sounds good! I've added this series to my TBR. Thanks for the review.

Christina said...

I was hoping you would review this. I only read one of her books and can't for the life of me remember which one. Were you able to get her books at the library?

Christine said...

Thanks for the review! I just requested it from my library system! I love historical fiction.