Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cooking Thursday - #2


I've been doing the Slow Cooking Thursday for so long now, years actually, and it's had a good run but I've noticed lately that everyone seems to be running out of crockpot recipes to share and I don't want to completely do away with the feature, so I thought it time to change it up a bit.

Cooking Thursday will now replace our weekly crockpot feature to include not only those recipes but also any kind you may wish to share......breakfast, main dishes, desserts etc.

So won't you join me and share with us one of your new recipes, or an old family favorite, you can even throw in a recipe for homemade soaps or detergents (just remember to specify).

For the guidelines, you can go here.

2010_01020013

SAMBURGERS

1 ¼ lb. ground beef
3 Tbsp. A1 sauce
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
¾ tsp. dry oregano
1 Tbsp. dehydrated onion

Combine ingredients. If you want big burgers, shape into 4 patties, I used 2 lbs of ground beef and made 8 burgers.

Grill for about 7 minutes on each side over medium. I didn't have charcoal in my grill so I used my griddle which I've done before to make other burgers and they always turn out wonderful.

I like toasted buns (haha) so I do that while the meat is grilling. If you want cheese on your burger, and we always do, place it on top of the patties about 2 minutes or so before they're done cooking.

When done just place on your toasted buns (I can't say this without laughing today haha) and add whatever toppings you wish. I like grilling some onions on the griddle at the same time the patties are cooking. Delish!

18 comments:

Anna said...

I created my post before reading your creative new idea. Next week I will be on track. :) Thanks for hosting SCT all those years, even though I didn't join in every week. I look forward to the NEW Cooking Thursday though.

Mari said...

I like toasted buns too! These burgers look good. Did you name them Samburgers or did that come from someone else?

Anonymous said...

What a good idea. I will have to have a think and perhaps come up with something next week.

Wendi said...

I love a good burger now and then. I went over to your food blog yesterday and saw that you cooked them on the griddle. Great idea! I don't know why I don't use it for more then breakfast.

Susanne said...

Yummy. We're big burger fans in this family!

I like this new feature Sandra. Looking forward to picking up some new recipes to try!

Anonymous said...

Running behind.. I posted SLow Cooking Thursday.. I will change it next week!

Thanks fo rhosting!

MJ

Christina said...

I'm going to try these. Just looking at the picture makes my mouth water. You know I have never thought of toasting the buns.

Conny said...

Oh how I love your buns (ha ha!!) - just had to join in on the giddiness...
ANyhoo - that burger looks DELICIOUS!

Elizabeth said...

Great thought to use the "pancake" grill for burgers. These sound delish.

Oh and stop sitting on the stove. Unless of course you WANT "toasted buns" !! Thanks for giving me the giggles, too!

Sandra said...

I'll have to try that one for sure.

Terri said...

OH those look soooo good!

Unknown said...

I posted a crock pot recipe anyway, but I'm glad you opened it up for additional ideas. I like your background and banner. The design is really pretty. I hope you will join me for Crock Pot Wednesday each week. Have a great week.

annies home said...

we normally toast our buns as well

Renee said...

That looks so good! I can't wait to try it.Thanks for hosting this.

Jen said...

These look great! We are going to try this one. There will be no toasted buns here with temps in the single digits....OHHHHH you meant the hamburger rolls!!! Whew I was going to go stand in front of the fireplace for a few..I crack me up!

Send me some lemons!!! I love lemons!! Have a great day.

(((HUGS)))
Jen

Unknown said...

Looks really tasty!!

Kaitlynn said...

Yummy....I'll join in next week.

Stephanie Dasher said...

The sammy sounds oh so yummy! There really is nothing I love more in life than beef and onions mixed together in heavenly way, smashed between two buns. I myself have been baking bread all day. If all goes well I should be blogging about the new and most amazing bread recipie ever. If not, well I suppose I'll blog about the time it didn't work out....yet again! ha!