Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I have lemons coming out the ears!

My tree is full and I mean FULL to the point where branches are breaking off with the weight of the lemons.

So it starts, the baking, the cooking, the giving out of tons of these beautiful yellow juicy lemons.

I went into the kitchen earlier this afternoon and made two beautiful delicious lemon meringue pies. Yes....TWO!

2010_01060006

2010_01060003

Two different recipes -- Two different pies -- One happy family!

Go on over to Full Bellies, Happy Kids and check out the recipes, oh and while you're there you can take a look at the latest posts which include this yummy easy weekday chicken,

2010_01010013

Samburgers

2010_01020013

and a lasagna made for men. (with kind of cruddy pics, my camera decided to go beserk yesterday)

Yeah for men and boys, it's all about meat and bacon and italian sausage.


11 comments:

Young Wife said...

Everything looks delicious, but I really want a piece of those lemon pies!

Mari said...

Yummy! I bet that pie with your own lemons is great! I checked out the recipes and I think the lasagna would be a hit over here too!

Anonymous said...

I live in Florida and have a meyers lemon tree-it was supposed to produce by now ( a year later) and hasnt-it also has something that eats holes in the leaves. Can you offer help on getting the tree to produce? Any help?

Anonymous said...

Let us know which pie you like the best!

Michelle said...

that weekday chicken is going on my menu this week! thanks for the recipes you share :)

Conny said...

Am I allowed to have post-pregnancy cravings?? because I want some of one - or both - of those lemon pies!!!!

Thanks for the comments over on my blog about my baby - and btw, just for the record: I am 39 years old & had the BEST pregnancy & delivery ever ---- just some food for thought, Miss 36! :) LOL

YayaOrchid said...

What a blessing to have a lemon tree! With us it's Mexican limes. We squeeze them into little snack baggies and freeze. About 2-3 oz per baggie makes a huge pot of limeade and oh so refreshing---good year round!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm they all look delicious!

Christina said...

I love lemon meringue pies. Your meringue came out beautifully.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

It's crazy to think that in the winter, someone, somewhere has a tree with so many lemons on it just waiting to be used. Oh how that just keeps summer alive in the hearts of us all.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

It all looks so good Sandra! I can't believe you have so many lemons and can make such a wonderful looking pies - I cannot make a decent meringue to save my life :)

Have a great day!