Friday, August 12, 2011

13 Years Ago I said "I Do"

I had no idea what I was getting into.  I was a young girl in love with this handsome Air Force Sergeant and all I could think about was being with him, making a life with him and embarking on a new journey.

I didn't really think about what it meant, the fact that I would be packing up all my belongings, leaving my family, my home, my friends and everything I had ever known, behind me.  It didn't even register at the time, not until I stepped into the airplane and felt like my heart was being ripped in half, one half pulling me to stay and the other half pushing me to go.

13 years ago today.

I said "I do".  

I don't think there is anything I would change about my marriage, even the bad times, the rough patches, the heart break, the difficult task of being married to a military man and enduring the separations, the worries and the hurt it brings with it.

Because it's all just a small part of the big picture, just a little piece of the puzzle that makes the rest of our amazing marriage.  He really is my best friend, my confidant, my rock.  I don't function very well without him, to be honest and when I'm having a bad day or I'm sad, the only thing I can think of is "when will he be home from work, I need his hugs".  

So Curtis, I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.  Thank you for everything, for the laughs, for the joys, for being the best husband and best father I could have ever wished for.  You complete me!

I thought it would be fun to do a little trip down memory lane starting with our wedding.  Are you up for it????   You might want to grab a cup of coffee LOL

1997:::


1999::::   Bringing Jasmine home from the hospital


I can't believe I don't have photos between 1999 and 2003 on my computer, they're all in photo albums.  Oh well.

Let's fast forward to two miscarriages later and our next joy, Nicholas......

2003:::

 

2005::::

2006:::

2007::::



2009:::

2010:::

2011:::

I could go on and on but I think these are enough.  Looking back I am not only amazed at how we've all grown but how the love we have as a family has continued to grow and blossom. 

I really am truly blessed!

No comments: