Monday, August 22, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }




The weather in my neck of the woods:
We have a Heat Advisory for the next week so I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere or leave the house.  We'll be staying indoors and out of the sun's way.


Things that make me happy:
Being myself and not following the masses.


Book I'm reading:
The Star Garden by Nancy E. Turner....this is the third and last in the series.  I'm going to be so sad when it ends.


What's on my TV today:
Eureka
Would like to finish watching Meek's Cutoff
Also have the new Jane Eyre 2011 version to watch which I'm very much looking forward to


On the menu for dinner:
Portuguese Chicken with potatoes


On my To Do List:

Ironing
Few more loads of laundry
Washing floors
Homeschooling



New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Homemade Hummus
 
Homemade Hummus


In the craft basket:
Amigurumi animals
Patchwork Placemats


Looking forward to this week:
Staying indoors
Having my husband home during the day


Tips and Tricks:
Here is a great tip about dusting! Don't you ever get tired of dusting your TV 3 or 4 times a week? Well, here is what you do! It's simple and easy too! All you need to do is take a fabric softener sheet that has been used in your laundry and after cleaning your TV, rub it all around the area that you don't want to dust anymore! It's a guaranteed success! Instead of attracting dust, your TV repels it!




My favorite blog post this week:
Ooooh so many, I'm slowly going through my google reader and just soaking up all the goodness. 

Imagine the sound of a right royal trumpet fanfare...


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Pretty Little Things



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2011_08190015





Lesson learned the past few days:

That I have a lot more patience than I give myself credit for.


On my mind:
Crafting, Crocheting and Cooking


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1

No comments: