Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

2011_08100067


Well folks, it's my birthday.

Another year, another moment to reflect and to be thankful that I am still here, surrounded by my family.

Used to be that my birthdays were exciting, as a child I would literally count down the days because I knew I would be getting presents and the whole day would be about ME.....cause you know, when you're a child that is a huge thing, to be able to tell your siblings that you're the Queen Bee, at least for those 24 hours.

2011_08100039

As I got older, I started paying less attention to such things and now truthfully, I look forward to the birthdays but for a whole other reason.

2011_08100008

Because I'm thankful.  Thankful that I got to spend a whole other year with the ones I love, thankful that I'm healthy,  and thankful for their love, their unconditional love because they've seen me at my best and at my worst and yet, the love me, no questions asked.

So I'm turning 37 years old.  37.YEARS.OLD!

How can that be possible, I don't feel it, though I have to say that I am starting to look it.  There are lines on my face where there used to be none, there are wrinkles where there used to be smooth tight skin.  But most of all, there is a wisdom in my eyes, a reflection of what I've been through, what I've done and who I am.

2011_08100021

Yes I may be a year older but whereas before I would wish to be younger, now I just embrace it, I feel like I'm growing up.  How odd is that???  I still see myself as the young skinny girl (though not so skinny anymore) who loved playing house, who loved drawing and coloring and playing with her brothers, who could run around outside in the backyard without a worry in the world.

That girl is still inside me, that's still who I am albeit older and more mature....thankfully  LOL

2011_08100027

So Happy Birthday to me.  It's not very often that we congratulate ourselves, that we give ourselves merit and credit for the things we've done.  I'm proud of who I am, I'm proud of what I've accomplished in the past 37 years, so with that in mind.......

Happy Birthday Sandra, Keep on Rocking!!!

2011_08100022



No comments: