Sunday, November 24, 2013

Around here

there's been housework and relaxing and a lot, and I mean a lot of Christmas movie watching.  For me, at least.

I think without fail, the best time of the year is now, right before Thanksgiving and the weeks leading up to Christmas....and the reason?  Hallmark Channel!

One after the other, all day long.  Is there anything better than that?


The one above I actually watched earlier today, such a sweet movie and I wish I could remember the correct name but I think it was something like Help for the Holidays?  Now I'm watching Window Wonderland, another sweet Christmas movie :)

But among all these cutesy, sweet movies, there are other sweet cute things around me, like these adorable little calves that have taken to visiting me.  They come right up to the fence and just stand there staring.

_MG_0336

The minute mommy moo's, there they go scampering back to her side.

_MG_0337

Adorable, and one of the things I most enjoy about living in the country.

It's been downright chilly here and every morning we are greeted with a white blanket of frost.

_MG_0341

_MG_0343

Beautiful :)  You wouldn't even know that these are individual blades of grass frozen in time. 

_MG_0327

There's been yummy eating, like this Chicken Pepper Pasta which you can find over on the food blog.

Starting tomorrow you may see a few more reviews and giveaways around here, they usually seem to ramp at this time of year, just in time for gifts.  So if you're interested in winning some cool prizes, be sure to check this space from time to time.

I'm also trying to decide what exactly I'm crocheting and knitting for Christmas.  It's kind of late already but I think if I keep it easy and simple, I should be able to get them done in a month.  We shall see, as there have been many years that I start off with the best of intentions and tend to lose myself in too many projects. 

Are you going handmade this year?  Wanna share with us what you're making?  Maybe you'll give someone else a good idea.

I'll be posting a list tomorrow of some handmade gift ideas that I think would make great Christmas gifts. 

Right, I am going to finish watching this movie, then head on upstairs to get dinner started.  Upside Down Pizza Casserole and some Garlic Bread Knots.  Yum!

3 comments:

Mari said...

The Hallmark Christmas movies have been playing at work, but I haven't had time to watch them at home. I do enjoy them!
Love those calves!
It's really cold here too. I'm sitting under an afghan, trying to keep warm tonight. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the Hallmark channel Christmas movies - have been watching them while I iron. I am trying to simplify gift giving this year, so nothing handmade (don't have the time for that - but wish I did) but we are cutting down on how much we give and Amazon.com is really helping with the simple part. Enjoy your week!

Wendi said...

It super easy for me to me sucked into the Hallmark channel. Then I wonder where the day went! :)

No homemade gift this year, but I am already thinking about homemade gifts for next year. I need to start a file and get moving right after the first of the year. It just seems that things are so expensive. I haven't bought an overload of presents and have spent most of our budget already.

Enjoy your week!