Monday, November 04, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/04/2013

Happy Monday my friends :)  Sure do hope you had a good weekend, mine was quiet, relaxing and filled with snow, can you believe it?  Now it didn't stick and didn't last for long, but long enough for me to snap some good pics and to get the kids and the rest of the family from South Africa, super excited.  We'll see if we get more this week.

On to today's Happy Homemaker Monday.....

 

As I look outside my window:::
Cloudy, snow tipped mountains.  The weather forecast is calling for some snow showers this morning and possibly a few more throughout the week.  It is but 26 degrees this morning....brrrr.


Right now I am:::
Eating a bowl of hot porridge with cinnamon and honey and drinking a cup of vanilla flavored coffee.  I got on my Minnie Mouse pj pants and my furry boots and I'm still cold. 

Thinking and pondering:::
About my husband's schedule.  Hoping they get him on a fixed morning shift schedule so we can actually see him and have dinner with him.....though a PM shift would work as well so that we can go to church.  We've missed church the past two weeks because he's working and I'm really missing going.  So hoping for a resolution. 


On my bedside table:::
A Kiss for Cade by Lori Copeland (The Western Sky Series)
Outlaw's Bride by Lori Copeland (The Western Sky Series)


On my tv tonight:::
Last night's Downton Abbey 
The Paradise Season 2
The Witches of East End
Once Upon a Time

Playing on the radio:::
Glorious Day by Casting Crowns

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Sausage Broccoli Manicotti
Tuesday - Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs, Sesame Noodles 
Wednesday - Cheesy Garlic Pizza, Salad
Thursday - Chicken and Biscuit Pie
Friday - Sandwich Ring
Saturday - Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
Sunday - Bean Soup, Sandwiches, Apple Cake

On my to do list:::
Laundry (wash, iron, fold, put away)
Homeschooling
Housework

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Just finished my infinity scarf, will show you all this afternoon :)  Also finishing my last row of a knitted boot cuff then starting a cute diamond crochet blanket. 

My simple pleasure:::
Going somewhere with my husband, even just an errand.  I treasure the moments we spend alone in the car. 

Lesson learned the past week:::
To just be still.  To listen to God, to not try to control and take over everything, because when I do, I mess it all up.

Looking around the house:::
The boys are up and playing a game on their laptops.  My husband is talking to my brother about work at the kitchen table and everyone else is still asleep.  My sister in law and I cleaned the house yesterday so it looks nice and tidy and there's not much to do today, other than the usual daily pick up here and there.

From the camera:::
Snow we got yesterday....not much but enough to make me smile :)



On my prayer list:::
Friends and family.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
It is by God’s grace that you have been saved.
—Ephesians 2:5b

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for hosting this every Monday. I hope your husband's work schedule gets figured out and you can figure out the best way to spend time as a family while dealing with the work schedule. Have a great week!

Jen said...

I hope his schedule gets worked out soon. We are anxiously awaiting snow here. We had a few flakes yesterday. We have all the gingerbread ingredients so when it does fall we can bake.

I tried linking up but my link isn't showing. :-(

Melissa Hopper said...

I wish we had snow!!

Anna said...

I've been told we are supposed to get snow for Thanksgiving. Guess I'll have to wait and see. :-D Have a great week.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

WOW! Snow already! Now that's something you didn't have in Arizona!

I hope you and hubby are able to get more alone time this week! I do treasure those times with my hubby as well.

Have a great week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hoping your hubby gets his schedule worked out so you can all go to church as a family. I know I sure miss going when I can't. Snow sounds pretty nice, actually. We are having a bit of rain here in Phoenix tonight. Enjoy your week.