Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/11/2013

Good morning ladies :)  Here we are on another Monday, the start of a whole new week and I sure do hope it's a good one for us all.

I'm up bright and early this morning with my husband.  Remember I used to get up with him for work to fix him his coffee and chat a little before he headed to work?  Well I haven't done that in months now, first because he was on terminal leave for work and the move, and then here he's been working afternoon shifts....but he is now on a morning shift, so it's up at 5am for us.

Little early, but I do so love these mornings to myself.  I get to catch up on my shows without being interrupted, I get to read the Bible or a book, devotionals etc.  I guess in a way, it's another step back to normalcy which is very welcomed at this stage.

Now, onto today's Happy Homemaker Monday......


 

As I look outside my window:::
29 degrees at the moment.  Last week we warmed up a little from the previous and it looks like we will be staying around the same this coming week.



Right now I am:::
Enjoying my first cup of coffee and sitting on my bed writing this post.

Thinking and pondering:::
On Thanksgiving and the menu, also thinking about this week's dinner menu which I need to write up. 

On my bedside table:::
The Guardian by Beverly Lewis
The Pursuit of Mary Bennet by Pamela Mingle (for a review)

On my tv tonight:::
My Portuguese Soaps
The Paradise Season 2
Atlantis BBC

Playing on the radio:::
I absolutely adore this song.




On the menu for this week:::
Working on Menu Plan so not all days have meals

Monday - White Castle Sliders, Homemade Fries
Tuesday - Chicken Stew 
Wednesday - Portuguese Meatballs, Scalloped Potatoes
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Bake Pie for Lucky Leaf Review and Giveaway today
Bake Cookies for Cookie Sheet Review

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Diamond crochet blanket

My simple pleasure:::
Reading a book while sitting on a comfy quilt near the fire.

Lesson learned the past week:::
That no matter how much I try to avoid drama, it tends to come my way, and it's how I react to it that will determine the outcome. 

Looking around the house:::
Everyone is fast asleep.  Hubby is at work and the pugs are snoring on the bed next to me.  I gave the house a good cleaning yesterday so it's looking nice and tidy.  With 8 people in one house, it tends to get cluttered very fast but if you stay on top of it, then it's not that bad at all :)

From the camera:::

_MG_9925


On my prayer list:::
My family.....dad, stepmom, brothers and grandma etc.  Lots going on all around and everyone needing prayers in different ways. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:1-3

7 comments:

Wendi said...

I am reading The Guardian also. Tomorrow we are suppose to wake up to our first snow of the season.:) I love the first snowfall! Yay for a more "normal" schedule for you. I love routine!

Christy said...

I love your simple pleasure. Almost dittoed you on that. Have a great week!

Anna said...

I've made white castle sliders before. Maybe from your blog? They were amazing. I did have a little trouble cooking the burgers though.

Have a great week Sandra!

Rachel said...

I might need to try your white castle sliders; I am sure hubby would love them!

Thanks for hosting!

Tina Leigh said...

Sandra I'm so glad you're hanging in there. I still enjoy your blog, even if I can only view it via iPhone!

I'm glad your husband got a better shift..he must be police-ing or nursing to have the shift work..I hope he can stay with the day shift Fulltime.

I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. I know what you mean about DRAMA...it is surely "as the world turns" at my house! Lol!

Liz said...

I can't wait to try your white castle sliders! They sound so yummy!

I think it's supposed to snow tonight. It was sleeting when I was out earlier.

I just love your picture. I can't believe how mature Nicholas is looking!!!!!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

i love your picture! What fun for the kids to have snow! I know what you mean about the drama! Had my share last week:(

Have a great week!