Saturday, November 02, 2013

Five Senses Saturday

FSS

I love my Five Senses Saturday, and although I don't post it every single Saturday, I still think it's a great way to review the past week.  What I saw, what I touched, tasted, felt etc....


::Hear::



- David Nevue "Just as I am", I love piano music and find it very relaxing
- Kids laughing as they play X-Box
- The sound of rain on the living room windows
- My husband chatting with my brother about work
- The kettle boiling


::See::

_MG_9796

- dark cloudy skies
- a deer hanging from my neighbor's tree, that's the 3rd in 2 weeks
- the flames flickering in the fireplace
- snow tipped mountains in the distance
- the orange and red leaves falling from the trees

::Touch::

_MG_9884

- soft yarn as I work on my scarf
- the children's cold fingers after they've been playing outside
- bread dough as I knead it
- bubbles in the sink from the dishes
- the warm cowl around my neck keeping the cold out

::Taste::

_MG_9891

- another Portuguese meal that reminds me of home
- Vanilla flavored Bailey's coffee creamer
- ginger, lemon and honey in my hot cup of tea
- delicious nachos from the Mexican restaurant down the street
- baby ruth, almond joy and snickers bars the kids gave me from their candy stash

::Smell::

_MG_9805


- rain soaked earth
- "Beautiful" perfume
- pumpkin seeds roasting in the oven
- chocolate and white chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven
- Arby's roast beef sandwich slathered with horseradish sauce

5 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Beautiful, all of it!

Jen said...

I love this post you do. I hope and pray things are settling down for you.

Again, I love this post. Now that we have things under control regarding our son's injury. I think I can get back to blogging. I am SO ready for this year to be done.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a great post to remind us of the basic yet wonderful blessings we have each and every day! Thanks and have a wonderful week. Will try to join you for Homemaker Monday (if I can get the post finished tonight).

Susanne said...

The Portuguese dish looks yummy! I love the smell of rain and rain soaked earth and leaves. Got a good whiff of that this weekend too especially as we had to rake up rain soaked leaves before the snow fell on it all and made a huge mess. Don't know that I'd like to look out the window to see deer hung on the neighbor's tree.

Anna said...

i love good piano music too. Hymns and ragtime are my favorite.