Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The daily grind!

_MG_0024

_MG_0022

_MG_0029

_MG_0076

_MG_0009

_MG_0073

_MG_0095

Oven Roasted Chestnuts

_MG_0097

Life moves on at a fast pace, it's a never ending hum drum of activity around us.

Some days are more exciting than others, but for the most part I am quite happy with the familiar chores that I perform daily, boring as they may seem at times.  I give thanks to God, even for the littlest mundane chore.

Thought I would give you just a quick peek of my day.

One.....I never get tired of looking at the mountains, I could spend a whole day on my deck just enjoying the changing weather, the clouds and the rain and the way the setting sun bathes the mountain in a gorgeous red light.

Two....We've had some beautiful rain around here and I can't help but snap pictures of the rain drops hanging on the fence.

Three....big fat drops hanging from the bare branches of one of my trees.

Four....early morning breakfast of homemade hot oatmeal with cinnamon and honey and a cup of hot coffee.

Five....one of the never ending chores which I actually enjoy.  Breakfast dishes drying.

Six....another endless chore, laundry, but again one I love doing.  Ironing while watching Christmas Lodge on Netflix.

Seven....Someone tried to get into the roasted chestnuts, someone didn't think I could tell, but someone was very wrong.

Eight....Hot out of the oven roasted chestnuts, bring back so many memories of my childhood in Portugal.

Nine....Delicious Caramel Apple Pie for a Lucky Leaf Review and Giveaway over on the food blog. Go on and check it out, the lucky winner will receive a baking kit including an adorable ceramic pie bird.

Today????  Back to the same grind, with a little homeschooling and housework thrown in.

Oh the joy of homemaking, I wish I could pass this feeling on to all those homemakers who find themselves in a rut and unhappy with their days.

I guess the best I can do is tell you to embrace it, stop fighting it, stop wishing for something else.  Remember why you do the things you do and at the end of the day when your family is gathered around the dinner table eating a delicious home cooked meal, smile knowing that YOU did it :)

Blessings,
Sandra
xoxoxo

7 comments:

Lulu said...

ahhh castanhas, dont know if its spelled right..lol...
love the pics, especially the one of your pug..so adorable, Sandra..
have a beautiful loving day..

Jen said...

Love the picture of your pup. She's like What?! Made me chuckle. There is something about the rain that makes me want to snap pictures. But then again, almost anything in life makes me want to snap a picture according to my hubby. Hahaha.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your photos Sandra, and your writings about your love of homemaking and caring for your family.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Bonnie said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog today, Sandra! It's been a while since I stopped by ... your blog is looking great! I love the photo of the mountains! Just stunning!

Anna said...

Your daily view is much prettier than mine, the mountains are beautiful! Every day I see the same tall brick buildings that never seem to change LOL!

Amy said...

Love your photos…love you lady :-)

Sweet Tea said...

I think it is such a privilege to be a "Homemaker". We are both very fortunate!