Friday, November 01, 2013

Some down time....

This week has gone by not only quickly, but I've also found no time whatsoever to relax even for 30 minutes.  It's been driving me crazy.

I'm a creature of habit and I've gotten used to having time to crochet every night, or to sit down in the afternoons after homeschooling is done, and watch my shows while I fold laundry or sew.

It's needed for the soul, or at least I need it for my soul.   Since retirement and the move, I have found my time dwindling away with every passing day, and my days have gotten longer, and the time for *me* has gotten shorter.

There's housecleaning, baking, cooking, laundry, homeschooling, errands, and all sorts of kid activities.  Some days it feels like I hit the ground running the moment I open my eyes, and don't stop again until my head hits the pillow at 11pm.  Whew!!!

So today, I have tried very hard to take some time for myself, starting with some catching up on my tv shows, some hiding in my bedroom for a few hours, and some much needed crocheting.  Ahhhhhh what a difference just a few hours of me time, does.

_MG_9807

Just wanted to show you all yesterday's breakfast for the kids, they had fun eating these Halloween inspired pancakes :)

My husband had to work last night, so he couldn't be with us for Trick or Treating, which in a way is nothing new for us, it kind of feels like we're still in the military LOL

I did take them all out with my brother and sister in law.  It's such a pleasure seeing them enjoy something that we usually take for granted, I mean for us Halloween is just another once a year thing, for them though it's a new adventure and experience which they truly loved.

_MG_9862

We DID get rained on though, which was a downer and with me having a bit of a cold still, it was not a good thing at all. Today I am coughing up a storm and my chest burns, just hoping and praying this doesn't get any worse.

_MG_9876

I'm sure thought that a nice cup of hot coffee and a freshly baked chocolate white chip cookie will make me feel better, right?

_MG_9820

I'm now settled in nicely on my bed with my two pugs snoring next to me.  Since I'm waiting up for hubby tonight, I'm sitting back and watching Ghost Adventures, The Dead Files and Haven on TV and working on my infinity scarf.

_MG_9883

I've chosen a very simple shell stitch, I wanted something easy and quick but pretty too and so far I think it's turning out just wonderful :)

_MG_9884

I'm thinking a nice piece of chocolate would be just perfect to go with this crochet.....so I'm going to quickly raid the kid's candy stash and see what I can find *snicker*

Have a blessed night,
Sandra
xoxoxo

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you finally found some time to relax. I love the scarf you are working on! Hope you get feeling better soon. Have a good weekend.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

We all need times to relax, good for body, mind and soul.

The kids look great decked out for trick or treating.

Your crochet work is lovely as always.

I hope you feel much better soonly. Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

Rachel said...

I totally get you. This week has been crazy around here and I am feeling exhausted mentally and physically. A little me time may be in order...

Your kids and niece and nephew look great dressed up for Halloween!

Anonymous said...

We too got a little rain on Halloween night. Enough for an umbrella, and to soak the parts of the costumes that dragged the ground. But the kids loved it and friday was an inservice day, so they got to stay up late and momma got to sleep in friday, a win for me!

Liz said...

This last week was absolutely crazy. The last couple of months have been actually. I understand how you feel with running here and there and constant housework. I'm exhausted just thinking about the loads of laundry I have waiting for me to fold today. I hope you are able to sneak in more relaxing time here and there.

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed trick-r-treating. I'm not sure what you niece and nephew have done before and what might be new traditions and celebrations, so it's neat for me to see your pictures of them experiencing these fun things, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.