Saturday, March 16, 2019

{ Ear issues and a trip to the mall }

Tulips

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon, to finally see what is going on with my ear.

I knew that it was allergy related, I knew that it was sinus related and usually it clears up on it's own, and so I waited 3 weeks to see if it would.  It didn't.

By Thursday night when I went to bed, I was in a bit of pain, my ear felt very clogged, I was dizzy and the ringing/buzzing in my ear was louder.  I knew then that it was time to make the call and go in.

I was almost 100% sure that it would be an ear infection.  Thankfully it turned out that it wasn't an infection, but I do have a lot of fluid behind the eardrum which is all brought on by my allergies. 

I have been given Singulair, Allegra, Sudafed and some allergy nasal spray.  The doctor did say it would take about 7 days for this all to clear up, so I guess I'll be dealing with the ringing etc. for a little while longer. 

But at least, it's a step in the right direction.

So, it's Saturday, and I haven't done much aside from the usual laundry and cleaning here and there.  The meds make me a little drowsy and I'm still not feeling very well so I've been resting as much as I can.

This afternoon though, we all went to pick Jasmine up from work and then headed to the mall.  She wanted to go get some things for work and also wanted to take us to dinner at Red Robin.

It's such a strange feeling when all of a sudden your child is an adult, making her own money and taking YOU out for meals.  Definitely a change, but a good one and we are incredibly proud of her.



We walked around the mall for a little, she bought me some Victoria's Secret Body Mist, just because she wanted to, and I certainly appreciated that show of love from my girl.

It was a nice afternoon, we all talked, laughed, enjoyed a delicious dinner and still made it home before nightfall.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, aside from some more cleaning, and I do want to work on some more crochet tulips as well.

For now though, I'm about to take my meds, get into bed and relax.  This whole ear thing has been absolutely draining, it's so amazing to me how something so little as fluid in the ear, can throw you completely off.  Wow!!!!

Anyway, have a wonderful Saturday night, hope you're all enjoying your weekend :)

1 comment:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, ear problems are so aggravating an I do hope yous will resolve sooner than later. I've known several folks with ear issues this season. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.