Saturday, October 08, 2022

{ First truly Fall day }

October 6, 2022

I'm sitting here with light rain falling outside.  Woke up to 50 degrees, clouds, cold and drizzling rain.  Oh how happy that made me.

On days like this, I seem to enjoy my homemaking even more.  Maybe because it's dark and seems to make the house seem even cozier, but I love lighting a candle, turning on the TV with a documentary, and then going about my day.

I worked on the fireplace the past few days, just tidying it and getting it ready for the upcoming holiday season.
 
October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022

I just love working around my house, moving things, tidying, cleaning and organizing.  I guess I do it so much that it's just become second nature, and on the off day that I am not really needing much done, I often feel guilty for even sitting and reading.

So I just get on with my day and if I'm listening to something in the background, things seem to go faster.

October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022

 
My fur babies just watch me, quite curious as to what I'm doing, and always being nearby, sniffing at everything.  I do that with them a lot, they love to be included, so whatever I'm working on, I always give them a sniff   Hahahah

That sounds so strange saying it out loud.  I mean, like a candle, or if I'm cooking I let them smell it, or I grab Elliott and take him around the house, showing him everything and he loves that.

October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022

 
For some reason, decorating this time of year always brings cozy feelings, doesn't it?  
 
I particularly like my dining, den area with the big fireplace.  It reminds me of a cabin, with all the wood, paneling and candles.  I guess it's the closest I'll ever be to living that Laura Ingalls life.  Right?  
 
So I got it all taken care of, then gave the house a quick vacuum.

October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022

 
Once that was done, I was able to sit on the couch, with my yarn stash, and make some more placemats.  I've been enjoying making these because they're so quick to work up, and in my opinion, you can never have enough.  

I not only use them for placemats for our dinner plates, but also as doilies to set a pretty flower vase on, or even to act as trivets for hot food.  It's little things like this, that make a house a home, at least for me.  Small touches that take the house from a building with four walls, to a cozy, inviting home.....and when you've taken the time to create them yourself, I think that means even more.

October 8, 2022

October 8, 2022

I've also been enjoying some wonderful documentaries on PBS.  I love Lucy Worsley's newest series called Lucy Worsley Investigates.  There have been just 4 episodes so far, but she has investigated The Princes in the Tower, The Madness of King George, The Black Plague and The Witch Hunts.  
 
So good.  Actually all of her documentaries are wonderful and there's a few on PBS to watch.  Just a suggestion.
 
Anyway, I need to go give Kaia some food, she's asking ever so nicely.  
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  God Bless!

October 8, 2022

October 8, 2022


2 comments:

Mandy said...

Look at you getting ready for the holidays! It’s easy when you have such sweet little helpers, right? I love that you include them in the decorating. Your doilies are beautiful! Glad you are seeing some cooler mornings.

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Have a good Sunday! I love to see your photo's. So cozy