Friday, October 21, 2022

{ So sick the past week }

IMG_4205


Oh my friends, it's been a really tough week for us here at home.  First it was the stomach bug, and then hubby got sick with a bad cold/flu.  Not the vid....but some really yucky bad cold or flu, not sure which one.
 
I had my doctor's appointment on Monday afternoon, thank you all for the prayers, it went well.  I just have to do my usual blood work (lipids etc.), and I'm also due for my bone density scan.  I am on my birth control for just one more year, then next October, I will be removed off it for a month, do a blood test to see if I'm in Menopause, and then either stop completely, or get back on for just another year.
 
I can't believe I am this age, speaking of menopause and being done with birth control etc.  No matter how old we get, we still tend to think of ourselves as US, as young, as we've always been.  These are the things that I would see the women in my family going through, and couldn't imagine it being me one day.  What a blessing to now be the one talking about these phases in life.

Anyway, I just wanted to start by letting you all know the appointment went well and thanking you for the prayers, and good thoughts.

Now, that out of the way, let me bring up the crazy sickness we've been dealing with.

I started my Monday well, got a lot of housework done, ran a few errands and so forth.

IMG_4208

IMG_4209

IMG_4214

 
I actually had to pick up Jasmine that day, right before my appointment.  I knew I would be home at the time we would usually be eating dinner, so I got dinner made earlier in the day, or rather, prepped so that all I had to do was pop it in the oven when I got home.

IMG_4215

IMG_4216

Right before I left, I had a package arrive and was soooooo happy to see that it was a book I had been anxiously awaiting.  The newest from Jonathan Cahn, which is just as fantastic as his other books.

I think every Christian should be reading this book right now.  If you wonder why we are dealing with the things we are dealing with today, not just in our lives, but in our country and the world in general, then read this book.  He explains exactly what is happening and why.

IMG_4217

IMG_4229


I got home, finished making dinner, ate, did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, had my shower, got into bed with my book and then it happened.

A twinge in my leg, followed by a muscle pain in my arm, and within an hour I was freezing cold, shaking, and enduring awful body aches.  It felt like it came completely out of nowhere, although, to be fair, earlier in the day I was starting to feel a bit off, but couldn't quite pinpoint why.

That night I didn't sleep a wink.  I had awful body aches and a high fever.  And that was it.....it hit me like a ton of bricks and I have been so sick since then.  My husband is just now starting to feel better, I'm still sick and Nicholas is sick as well.  The only one who has managed to stay fine is Jasmine, thank the Lord.

Cleaning and cooking has been difficult. 

Tuesday, Jasmine came home from work and went straight into the kitchen.  She made us all a hearty chicken soup, that was so delicious, and hit the spot.

Yesterday morning, my Nick, even though he is sick too, got up and made me some creamy scrambled eggs that were divine.  I'm blessed with children that love food and can cook pretty well too.  It's wonderful when your children become adults and start cooking for you.

The fevers have gone, the body aches have too, but now I'm dealing with the cough and funny enough, a sore throat and heartburn.  Heartburn.  That has been a symptom that we've all had with this sickness, which is pretty strange.  There have also been stomach issues.  

We are all slowly moving towards being 100%.  I am so ready to be done with this, and to get back to my normal activities.  I feel exhausted, I'm very congested, and if I try to do a lot, I feel out of breath.

This is why I haven't been very active here on the blog, or anywhere really.  The most you'll see are my dinners on Instagram and that is because I can quickly record and send.  Just haven't had the energy for anything else.

I am hoping by Monday morning, we are back to being healthy.  

Hoping you are all doing well and looking forward to your weekend.  Have a blessed day friends and stay safe.
xoxo

6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are so sick. My goodness, it sounds awful. Keep resting. And stay hydrated. I am in complete agreement with you about life stages. I remember like it were yesterday being so excited about the possibility of being pregnant each month, the elation when we were, the disappointment when we weren't. During those baby and toddler years, menopause was a foreign thing, known only to my mom and grandma. Suddenly, I was there, knocking at the door that would lead me away from that wonderful time and into a new chapter of life. It is different, and sad at first. But after awhile, I became comfortable and thankful for menopause, and for all the women that came before me, paving the way. Hugs, and prayers!

Mari said...

Sorry you've been sick over there! Hoping next week is better.
I agree with you saying we never feel like we are getting older. When I was younger, I thought people my age (61) were old. Now I find myself feeling like I'm about the same as some of the girls I work with and then I realize I could be their mom!
I heard Jonathon Cahn interviewed on the book and it was so spot on. I need to read it. I've already read his last 2 books.

Carol said...

I hope that your family is feeling better after the weekend is over. Being sick is not fun but this illness sounds much worse than some with COVID have sounded.

Mandy said...

Oh goodness, girl! That sounds just awful. I’m so sorry y’all have been having such a rough week and pray that y’all are all feeling much better soon. Speaking of menopause, is it bad that I can’t wait to be done with monthly cycles? Haha! Although it does remind me that I’m getting older, but like you, I consider aging a blessing. Take care and I hope this weekend is restful for you and next week is better!

Heather Ortega said...

I'm sorry that you and your family have all been sick. I hope you all feel better quickly.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'd been so busy this week I hadn't checked in - so sorry to know you've been so sick. Praying that your are feeling better now and the household is free of illness. HUGS & PRAYERS