Thursday, October 06, 2022

{ The Weekly Gratitude Project - TLC Book Tour }

 

 

About The Weekly Gratitude Project

Publisher: Zondervan; Illustrated edition (November 10, 2020)
Hardcover: 144 pages
 
 
It’s time to start a project that will grow a grateful heart. The Weekly Gratitude Project is a 52-week guided gratitude journal that offers a life-changing journey through reflection prompts and inviting questions to guide you into a deeper relationship with God. This yearly gratitude journal features beautifully illustrated journaling pages that will help you discover more intimacy and joy in your spiritual life.

 

The Weekly Gratitude Project is:

  • Perfect for a beginner in faith and practicing gratitude, but strong and thought provoking enough for someone who already has a solid foundation
  • An easy-to-use journaling format designed to help you focus on adding more gratefulness into your day
  • A helpful companion for individual worship, Bible studies, and small groups

 Each week includes:

  • A biblical theme to focus on
  • A short but impactful Bible verse to help you reflect and meditate
  • Inspirational insight to guide your thoughts and jumpstart your gratitude project
  • Journaling prompts and lines to help you reflect and grow a grateful heart

This 12-month journal:

  • Showcases beautiful photography and calming colors
  • Has a pretty ribbon marker, so you never lose your place
  • Provides a ton of journaling space, but easily fits on your nightstand, tote bag, or a gift basket
  • Is perfect for a self-purchase, Mother’s Day, National Best Friend Day, a welcoming gift for Bible study groups, birthdays, and holidays

Check out the rest of the series, The Weekly Prayer Project and The Weekly Faith Project.

 


 
 My thoughts:

This is one of the most beautiful books, journals, I have ever owned.  But it's not just a normal journal that you open up and write at your will.  It's not about your day to day, so to speak, but more about a journey through Faith, getting closer to the God and delving deep within you to find gratitude in everything you do.

I will be honest and tell you that I am not good at journaling.  When I was younger I attempted a few journals and managed to keep them up for a bit, but that didn't last for too long, so when I received this Gratitude Project, from Zondervan Publishers and TLC Book Tours, I wasn't quite sure what to think.

I'm not going to say that I have been successful in keeping up with it, every single week, but I will say that when I do tackle the week at hand, I give it my best and take my time.  

The questions are thought provoking and harder than I was expecting, which threw me off at first.  But I think it is developed in a way to make you really think about your spiritual relationship with the Lord, your faith.

For example, on Week 31 the theme is Grace.  I thought "oh that will be easy, I know all about grace."

Then the question is put to me.  
 
Describe God's rich grace.  What is it?  What has it done for you?  What does it continue to do?

And I couldn't answer it right away.  I was stumped, I drew a blank, I didn't know how to answer or what to answer.  It sent me digging through the Bible and other devotionals I had to refresh my memory and to search my heart for the right answer.  


Here's another example that had and has me stumped, I haven't even answered this one.  

I just love being challenged in my faith.  It makes me want to know more, search more, press more into the Lord's word.  

I think The Weekly Gratitude Project is a book I'll have on hand for many years to come, and I don't think I will finish it in 52 weeks exactly,  because some of the themes and questions have me searching more than others.  That's ok though, we are never finished growing as Christians, it's an ongoing journey full of questions and moments of reflection.

I highly recommend this book if you are just starting out on your spiritual journey.  It will push you to focus and meditate and above all, praise and worship the Lord.

Thank you to TLC Book Tours and Zondervan Publishers, for providing me with a copy for this review.



 

1 comment:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Wow that looks like a great journal. And would make a great gift this holiday season.