Monday, October 24, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/24/2022 }

 
 
Good morning from a very wet Texas.   
 
I am finally starting to feel better, it's been a tough week, my word.  But, I'm feeling well, and ready to get back on track with my blogging and homemaking.  I try to keep the house clean, even when I'm sick, but sometimes it just isn't possible, and things quickly get out of order.
 
I did give it a tidy up yesterday and today I'll get right into our usual daily cleaning.
 
I hope you all have a fantastic week, and really hope that none of you are sick as well.  If you are, I pray for quick healing.  Anyway, let's get on with our post today, and see what is happening around our homes.
 
 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's what I would call a perfect Fall day.  It's 60 degrees, it's raining and grey and just the kind of day I love.  We still have a few warm days ahead, but definitely on the right track to cooler days.  Which reminds me, I need to get the summer garden cleared and the winter veg into the ground, this weekend.       

Monday - Thunderstorms, 72
Tuesday - Sunny, 72
Wednesday - Sunny, 77
Thursday - Mostly Sunny and windy, 79
Friday - Rain, 59
Saturday - Mostly Sunny, 65  
Sunday - Sunny, 71



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
The rain is steadily coming down, and there's also some wind, which is making the pumpkin vine move about back and forth.  The trees are also starting to change their colors and it looks so beautiful out there. 
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
As usual when I am working on this post, I am sat on my bed.  I have the window open and am listening to the rain outside.  The furry babies are both settled in next to me, getting ready for their morning naps.  



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

About so many things, the current world we live in, my bone density appointment and blood work, friends going through some difficult health situations, whether I'll be able to get an inexpensive turkey for Thanksgiving, what veg I'm going to do this Fall/Winter season, what I'm going to watch on TV later.  That's what I'm thinking about.....you asked, there ya go hahah     

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

So much better.  It's crazy how you don't realize how much you appreciate your health, until you're not feeling well.  Glad to be back to my normal self, or at least 99% back to normal.         
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

Working through my second cup of coffee.  I also had a ham and cheese sandwich on wholewheat bread.               
 


♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

I made some Beijing Chicken for dinner last night and it was really good, so I'll have some of the leftovers today.  I'm hoping to get that recipe up on the food blog too.   
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.         

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Grey with white stripes casual linen pants, black tank top and slippers.        
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

My Bible.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
Morning and Evening Devotional by Charles Spurgeon.   
The Return of the Gods by Jonathan Cahn.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Finished Star Trek Strange New Worlds, and we both loved it.  We have now started Star Trek Discovery and are loving that one too.  What can I say, we are sci-fi nerds, more specifically Trekkies.
Vlogtober vlogs
House of Dragons
The Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon Prime
The Serpent Queen
The Great British Bake Off 
All Creatures Great and Small
The Watcher on Netflix



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Grilled Cheese  
Tuesday - Taco Rice Casserole, Salad
Wednesday - Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake, Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon, chili and honey
Thursday -   Fried Sausage and Potatoes, Salad
Friday - *Grocery Shopping*
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

Need to do some cleaning, and pick up the dog toys all over the living room.
 
We had to bring in our Hibiscus plant, because the past two days we've had such strong winds, and it kept getting knocked down.  I need to get a bigger, heavier pot for it.  But for the winter, it will stay indoors, along with the smaller Hibiscus.              



♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Tidy up the house - vacuum, put things in order, fluff couch pillows, dust
- Laundry
- Finish new meal plan and grocery pickup


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I just love dried orange garlands.  I am going to be making another one this year, and will also add lemon slices to it.  I make one every year, and they do last quite a long time, but it's just a habit I've gotten into it, as soon as the weather cools down, I make one. 
 

 

♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
Our root is Christ Jesus, and our life is hid in Him;  this is the secret of the Lord.   
 
— Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon 


10 comments:

Julieann said...

I am so happy to hear you are feeling better!!!! I was worried. <3
Those dried oranges, I do that very thing with my lemons. I put them in a glass jar and they look so pretty. I must make a garland now. Thank you for such a beautiful idea!!!!
I hope your week is happy. I will visit more often, I just adore your blog
xo🤍
Julieann

Schotzy said...

Like you, I love an autumn, rainy day., as well as, listening to the pitter patter. So glad you are feeling better. I had my mammo this morning so I understand all the testing we have to go through! Eh! Next month is my colonoscopy! I dread the prep. ha mine is the day after Thanksgiving, so I’m doing Thanksgiving the weekend before! You remind me, this year I want to dry some orange slices even if they just rest in a bowl. Have a grand week! Blessings! Schotzy

Deanna said...

So glad you are feeling better! Autumn is here for sure. I want to make a orange garland this year. Hope I can manage that.

Jackie See said...

I am so happy to have rain today as well! Just the sound of it coming down brings joy this morning. I hope you continue to feel better. Have a great week! ~jackie see~

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Friend! I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. 🙏 May this be a wonderful and productive week ahead for you! It's rainy on & off here today too. And very swirly leaf breezy kind of day. Makes me want to be cozy, yet productive too. You've sold me...I'm determined to make some dried citrus this year too! 😉 xoxo

Billie Jo said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better! And I know the feeling of being so sick, and watching the house become untidy! I always look forward to opening the windows and washing things down! Love an autumn rain, especially with some wind. So cozy!

Jean said...

Glad you are feeling better and that you had a little rain as well. Your dried orange wreaths are always so pretty! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Monique G. said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I love your inspirational quote.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm happy to hear you're on the mend! And that your weather is finally taming. Our weather turned last Saturday and winter has come roaring in so don't laugh at me, but I actually started decorating for Christmas here today! Take care of yourself and have a great rest of the week.

Luludou said...

Glad you are feeling better. I used dried oranges on my Christmas tree - smells so good! I make some every year too. Have a great week