Monday, October 10, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/10/2022 }

 
 
 
Good morning friends, hope you're having a good Columbus Day.
 
I have hubby home but Jasmine is working, that's retail life right?    
 
We have a pretty cloudy and rainy day ahead, so I'm thrilled to be indoors.  I think I'll be watching some movies today or maybe getting some reading done, not sure, but whatever it is, will be cozy for sure.
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead, full of blessings and the Lord's favor.  Let's get right on with our post today, and see what is happening around our homes.
 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's been wonderful.  We got down to 50 degrees on Saturday and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that.  We're over the really hot temps, although we still have a day or two in the 90's.  But I'll take it intermingled with cooler temps and rain.   

Monday - Storms, 79
Tuesday - Morning showers, 84
Wednesday - Sunny, 85
Thursday - Sunny, 81
Friday - Sunny, 86
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 91  
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 82



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
Cloudy, dark skies and a sprinkling rain.  I absolutely adore this time of year, the crispness in the air, the trees starting to turn color.  Just love it.       
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed with Elliott.  He is napping and I'm working on this post, and watching a youtube video.   



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

I'm starting to plan for Thanksgiving.  I really want to be on top of it this year, and get as much planned and done before the day.  With my hands hurting lately, I can't leave it all for the actual day, or I won't be able to do anything.   

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Doing well, PMSing but other than that, I'm well.  The allergies are still going, though they seem to have calmed down slightly over the weekend.     
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

I have had a cup of coffee with my Peppermint Mocha creamer, and two of the small frozen sausage biscuits.           
 


♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

I'm not sure yet, we have leftovers in the fridge, so I may just have that, or a sandwich, salad, who knows.
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

I made a pork roast last night, and have quite a bit leftover, so going to turn it into a meat pie for dinner, along with some sauteed squash.     

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black cotton romper jumpsuit.     
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Reading through Isaiah in the Bible.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
Morning and Evening Devotional by Charles Spurgeon.   
Started The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
The Orville - We're almost finished with the third season.  Loving this series.  
Next, we will be watching Star Trek Strange New Worlds
Homemaking vlogs
House of Dragons
The Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon Prime
The Serpent Queen
The Great British Bake Off 
Lucy Worsley Investigates on PBS



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Going to start working on the new meal plan today.  
 
Monday - Meat Blender Pie, sauteed squash  
Tuesday - Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti
Wednesday - Beef Korma Curry, Rice
Thursday -   Roast Chicken and Potatoes, Sauteed Greens
Friday - *grocery shopping*
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

The house is neat and tidy, as I gave it a good clean this weekend.  There are Fall decorations out, pumpkins here and there, and wonderful scented candles dispersed throughout the house.  It just feels so cozy and homey.          



♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Meal plan and grocery list
- Laundry
- Make another crochet placemat/doily


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I took this photo the other day, and it immediately became one of my favorites.  There is something so magical about candle light and crochet together.   
 

 

♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
Let us be joyful now as we rehearse the song of eternal praise so soon to roll forth in full chorus from all the blood-washed host;  let us copy David's exhaultings before the ark as a prelude to our ecstasies before the throne.  It really is true that peace in times of trouble is not found in figuring out your life, but in worship of the One who has everything figure out already.    
 
— Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon


7 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Ohhhh, peppermint mocha in coffee sounds so good. I'm not decorating for fall. We are in the process of clearing everything from our living room to rip up carpet. I will be hanging Christmas lights outside though, ha ha!

Jean said...

That photo just captures the feeling the fall coziness. Glad you are getting some rain and cooler weather. Our turn is supposed to be coming soon (for the rain, we actually had a frost advisory over the weekend). Hope you have a wonderful week!

Luludou said...

I love the picture too. Our Thanksgiving is today... then a little Halloween and Christmas is on the way! Have a great week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh dear Friend - we obviously think alike! I've been thinking about Thanksgiving - and even Christmas already too - in order to be on top of things too. I don't want to be stressing this year, but truly enjoy what each holiday is really about. I comment on that in my post today too. Lol I LOVE that pic too... and the cozy comforting feeling it gives. Have a blessed week. xo

A Runners Mom & More said...

A Lazy afternoon/day sounds fun!! Thanksgiving is going to be very Low Key for me this year...

Julieann said...

I am so excited to have found you!! This brings back such sweet memories of Menu Plan Monday. I have a menu plan up on my blog, but I don't have all the rest of your beautiful Happy Homemaker post up. Will it be okay if I play next week. I am so over the moon excited about this ;0)
xo
Julieann

threesidesofcrazy said...

SO glad to hear your weather has FINALLY cooled enough for you to truly be thinking in terms of fall! And that rain must be glorious! We already decided this year to go out (for the first holiday ever) since it will be just the two of us for Thanksgiving. I hope your week has been going well.